More Engraved Tiles

These are some tiles engravings that I did on Lasertile.
I downloaded some pics, used Photograv to convert
to engravable form, then painted using Sharpies.

Settings
Engrave
Speed . 500
Power . Full
Thick . 0.200
LPI . 225

84 Likes

I don’t have enough words to express so I will say WOW. Those are terrific, they look like a photo. Thanks for sharing.

5 Likes

Yeah, those are some incredible paint jobs! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Well dang…now you’re just showing off…lol. Those are incredible paintings!! (Or would that be sharpie-ings? )

6 Likes

WOW! I aspire!

2 Likes

these are fantastic. did you take any pictures of the in between? after engrave, before sharpie? i’d be really curious to see that phase.

4 Likes

Oh my…those are lovely! That’s a really different technique than any others I’ve seen on here. I also use Laser Tiles extensively, but never tried this approach. Nice work!

3 Likes

Wow, you’ve taken tiles to a new level!

3 Likes

Wow, those are gorgeous, I couldn’t tell that they were colored using sharpies. Absolutely gorgeous.

2 Likes

This is a picture after engraving and before coloring

15 Likes

Stunning

2 Likes

Well you turned this up to 11! These are really beautiful and my little one color sharpie tiles look sad in comparison.

2 Likes

absolutely beautiful!!

2 Likes

I think something must be wrong with my Sharpies.

15 Likes

What type of sharpie are you using? If you don’t mind the question are you blending the colors? These are beautiful!

2 Likes

Stunning! Your eye and skill astounds. I agree with @bwente , I may have defective Sharpies.

3 Likes

Stunning! I’m sitting here wishing you had a video of just painting one flower with your sharpies! Totally amazing!

2 Likes

Beautiful Work! I , too, can’t seem to get my sharpies working correctly. Can you tell us your experience with Photograv? I looked at the website. Looks interesting. Is it as powerful as they say? I couldn’t tell if it works on Mac either. Pricey, but could be a good tool to add to the tool shed.

1 Like

Your coloring is simply amazing!

3 Likes

Photograv only works with Windows. It’s very easy to use, and works with a lot of different materials.
I have used it with Lasertile, Baltic Birch, and proof grade maple and cherry.

I use Sharpies and U.S. Art Supplies Super Markers. Super Markers have 80 different colors to work with, and the pens have a chisel point on one side and a fine point on the other.

The markers blend very nicely. The Super Markers even have a white marker. The white works well to blend out overshot.

These are the files you can use to try engraving on Lasertile.
Settings
Engrave
Speed . 500
Power . Full
Thick . 0.200
LPI . 225

It takes several weeks to get your order from Lasertile (Lasertile.com)
Flowers.zip (7.8 MB)
Flowers 1.zip (9.3 MB)
Flowers 2.zip (8.4 MB)
Flowers 3.zip (7.7 MB)
Cats.zip (7.5 MB)
Cats 1.zip (6.0 MB)

11 Likes