More function

This has Glowforge’s name written all over it…literally, as the piece of PG draftboard I used was the one I had done my calibration test on. It’s two pieces glued together, so all the little logos don’t show.

My several months old kitchen cart has a small stainless steel food prep bin down underneath a hole in the cutting block top. I love using it, but there are times when I don’t want that hole there…waiting for something to fall down inside. Sometimes I use my recipe app on my laptop and have to place it carefully there, so I decided to make a filler piece which can be removed when necessary.

I had to do a bit of sanding to get the piece to fit just right. I didn’t want it too tight or too loose. It fits fairly tightly and I can take it out using the two tabs on the sides. Cheap fixes…but fun.
(sorry for the dark photos)

41 Likes

What a great practical cut.

3 Likes

Nice work girl. I couldn’t talk her into that cart, limited floorspace - in spite of the additional storage space it would provide.
Funny how adverse to change we can be considering change is the only constant. As a result, things “just tend to happen” and she adapts… however, there will be a price to be paid.

4 Likes

:smile: indeed!

2 Likes

Haha! Somehow I find that easier than the negotiations. More often than not my efforts prove to be beneficial.

How cool is it to be able to iterate a solution on a whim? :sunglasses: The stuff dreams are made of. I often fall asleep with visions of the procedure needed to accomplish an idea. This technology and this machine have completely changed what I envisioned retirement to be. This capability was a fantasy not that long ago. I still want that cart in my (her) kitchen.

5 Likes

I just love those practical cuts!

2 Likes

Took me a couple of years to talk my husband into a cart. Now he loves it. He’s the one averse to change in our house. When we started dating he only ordered from one pizza place in town. Took me ages to get him to try a different place (which he then liked better). Slowly, slowly, slowly over the years he’s getting better at trying new things. This is good because I love seeing new places, trying new foods, and exploring new activities.

5 Likes

Oh yes … you solved your problem 100%! Kudos for a job well done!!!

1 Like