More Maps

Set off smoke alarms at the house today. Fan and exhaust needed to be cleaned, and smoke wasn’t being vented properly. It would be very nice if they designed the exhaust port to be a little more friendly to clean, like having a removable cover… Everything seems to be working now.

One last map before moving onto something new. I made this for a friend who works at the University of Notre Dame. 2 layers Proofgrade maple, 2 layers draftboard. Map was created using mapbox.

8 Likes

Are you not selling any of your works? When I sent an inquiry to MapBox I was informed that if I even sell a very limited number of items at craft fairs I would be required to obtain a commercial license. Do that have another program that isn’t listed on their website?

No, I am not selling any of my maps. I have made these as gifts. If I ever get to the point where I decide to sell anything, I would pay for the commercial subscription. Mapbox is definitely not cheap either, but does make it very easy to pull the layers off that you need.

1 Like

Wow! Love this one, outside of the fact that you decided to make it of South Bend. cough

I kid! Really awesome work. Love the detail. Whoever you’re making these for are some very lucky folks. Well done sir.

1 Like

Thanks! I am not a fan of Notre Dame football, and dislike the fact that they are only on every week because of big TV contracts and not because they are even any good any more. I’m a Wisconsin alum, so Go Badgers, Go Big Ten!!! Expect to see some Badger stuff fly off the glowforge this fall once football season starts. Already have the red, white, and black acrylic.

I made this for a friend who works at University of Notre Dame, and she loved it!!!

1 Like

LOVE the Madison maps. You did a great job on all of them!

1 Like

How did you get around the “5 print” limit? Sounds like you’ll need a pay subscription for unlimited printing.

1 Like

Those look really nice. What is Mapbox? I think I would like to maybe try my hand at making some of these, but not certain where to start. Thanks.

1 Like

Hey Pubultrastar!

Just a quick question, on your 6 layer version of Madison you sent to your GF, the shaded green and grey area’s, what did that do, engrave? Looks like on the final map it changed the color a bit and wondering how you did that :slight_smile:

Very impressive! Can I ask what the blue is made of? Is that painted or some other material?

Not exactly sure if you’re referring to the maps above in this post, or one from a different thread. The ones above are only 3 layers. The blue is painted on. Any other shading is engraved.

Blue layer is draftboard with blue paint.

That is a very vivid blue, especially if over bare wood without a light backing. Do you remember what product you used?

# Sargent Art 22-2350 8-Ounce Acrylic Paint, Ultramarine Blue

2 Likes

Gentle reminder that it’s against forum guidelines to ask for designs.

https://community.glowforge.com/faq

If someone shares a print that they’ve made, please respect their sharing and do not ask for the source design or artwork. Designs take work and have value, and when you ask someone to give you that value for free, you undermine their work.

Absolutely spectacular!!