More Mini Furniture!

The way you setup the gentle curves in the furniture, the little details like the key hole on the desk and your excellent colouring skills really make this impressive

11 Likes

So Cute! Can’t wait to see the book nook version.

5 Likes

Some very cute stuff here!

6 Likes

These are so, so cute!

6 Likes

A good trick is to take the dark lines in the chair and in a raster editor give them a bit of blur and even add a bit of smudge where wrinkles would be. Then if you do a very high LPI engrave at variable depth you will see the cushions “pop” and look much more realistic.
:grin:

9 Likes

Something like this perhaps

5 Likes

oh damn… Samurai Chipmunk

5 Likes

I’ll be honest, I haven’t tried anything rasterized yet, all of my stuff has just been vector based. Definitely a skill and technique I’ll someday have to play around with learning.

1 Like

I found Gimp to be an ideal addition to Inkscape. As it has what it calls “paths” that are vectors and can be interchanged with “masks” or exported as an SVG or imported that way back and forth and even running something like a blurry circle along a path to make very complex shading that is not possible in Inkscape.

Particularly with the miniature furniture smoothing corners or increasing depth in the look would make a huge improvement and as the depths are small and the areas engraved are small the higher LPI is not a killer in the time taken to do the job.

5 Likes

Oh.My.Gosh!!! I absolutely love all these pieces! Every single piece is spectacular, especially the details. I am stunned.

2 Likes

I am amazed at the detail of everything in the bookcase. I really enjoy seeing the miniatures that are created on the glowforge.

5 Likes

Wow - really great work! I especially like the curves of the furniture. Colors are great too!

2 Likes

Most excellent!!!

3 Likes

Everything is lovely! and in your defense, chairs with arms don’t fit inside desks in the real world either :smiley:

5 Likes

Beautiful, great job! May I ask what you used for the glass in the lamp?

1 Like

Medium clear proof grade acrylic. And, by the way, WELCOME to the forum!

1 Like

Nothing short of amazing!!! How fun!

1 Like

Thank you! Glad to be here. I thought it was acrylic, but hoping it was glass… lol I’ve been looking for a small round glass piece for a project.

1 Like

Something like this?

1 Like

Yes, but, 12mm or 1/2" thank you for the link.

2 Likes