More playing card items

It’s been while since I’ve posted anything, but I’ve gotten fairly good at using the Glowforge to make custom boxes for my playing card business. Lately, doing printed artwork and then making use of the Snapmarks (and some tweaking by eye here and there :wink: ) I’ve been getting some really good results. Having a box cut in just a minute is fantastic for my short-run limited items.

This is the latest, with a fancy holographic gilded deck inside. The Glowforge made it possible to have those fine holes and precise cuts so you can get a glimpse of the cards inside.

I also developed a wooden slip case for the deck, made from proof grade maple and then sanded and stained for a handmade feel. I swear, if this laser ever breaks I will be done for. :smiley:

39 Likes

Nice work. Don’t be such a stranger, you’ve been holding out on us :slight_smile:

7 Likes

You have been missed! Lovely work.

7 Likes

Wow, that’s nice!!

6 Likes

Looks great!

6 Likes

Beautiful! (I was thinking about you the other day, wondering if you were still making the cards and boxes.)

6 Likes

These are gorgeous; I hope we get to see more.

5 Likes

Fabulous presentation for the cards! Nice work!

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words everyone! Here’s another one that used the Glowforge in two ways. First, the obvious box cut out part, but I also made an engraved “plate” that I used with a rubber mat and hand-embossing machine to get a custom emboss on the box.

So the process was: 1. Print the box art 2. Use Glowforge to cut out all the details 3. Carefully align box to emboss plate 4. Run through embosser 5. Assemble

That was a fun challenge to get all those steps to line up!

9 Likes

You are the master of alignment and precision in showcasing your artwork. You put your Glowforge to good use.

3 Likes

I am really impressed with the quality of the embossing on your boxes. Nicely done.

1 Like