While my wife and I were waiting for our Glowforge to show up, we decided to pass the time by remodeling our main bathroom. Consequently, we now have a mostly-gutted bathroom that we should probably be working on instead of playing with the new toy. However, we’re taking advantage of the opportunity to dress up the new tile before we put it in. First one:
Here’s the important bits:
Material: 12"x12" slate tile (www.msistone.com/slate/montauk-blue/)
Operation: Set to Manual Cut, but with low enough power to just engrave
Speed: 500 vrooms
Power: 10 pewpews
Height: 0.300" (I used the nominal height since my calipers have decided to go for a walk…)
It came out pretty close to how I wanted it to (fairly understated), though I’m not sure how it’ll look after it’s sealed. There was a slight darkening of the traces in spots where the pattern made tight curves, but the burnt patches are small enough that they’re hard to see.