Mother's day brooches

The ones I like to use are like these:

Metal headbands give me migraines so I’m always popping off the cute designs and gluing them onto these little clips. The little teeth help them stay put, the backs are pretty flat for mounting things onto, and they don’t squish my brain. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Thank you for that link!

3 Likes

Those are beautiful!! :heart_eyes: Pins and brooches are coming back I think. Now there are people at work with badge lanyards with pins on them, magnets can be used instead of pins, straight back (like earring) pins can be used and add them as a detachable/wearable/embellishment to a birthday or occasion card. Also attached to chains as necklaces or attached to ring/clips as drink (stem glass) identifiers at parties.

PS Remember when cruising Michaels or Hobby lobby trying to use your coupon - swing through the jewelry making isles. Even if that is not your forte, once the Glowforges ™ arrive, you’ll start looking for pinbacks, small chains, keyrings, etc as the imagination and creativity kick in !!

9 Likes

So inspirational…this whole thread. I just ordered some bar style pins, some tie-tack style pins and some of those alligator hair clips from Amazon.

3 Likes

Did she like them?!

My mom still wears broaches, too. Broaches and sweater guards are on my list of things to make for her. I like to see all the glowforge projects, but it’s extra fun to see things similar to what I want to make, too.

3 Likes

She did, thanks for asking! She actually liked the dark heart the best, so I’m glad Yves convinced me to make all four into brooches :slight_smile:

7 Likes

These are absolutely lovely!

2 Likes

Those are amazing! You do great work, very inspiring.

1 Like

those brooches are beautiful! what adhesive do you use to adhere things to the alligator clips? Would it be a different adhesive if you switch from wood to acrylic? Thank you for your time. :slight_smile:

I’ve used E6000 adhesive before, but usually with metal or fabric. Haven’t tried it yet with wood or acrylic.

Thanks! I haven’t tried that adhesive yet…all the warnings I have seen with it have made me look elsewhere for other things to use. Will be curious if it would work on wood and acrylic.

So Pretty

#necrogame!