Mothers Day Coasters

Since it’s getting harder to find a gift for my mum I’m really glad I have my Glowforge. Did some Coasters on medium maple plywood (7cm might be a bit on the smallish side) with some drawing across several of them. Today I remembered that I need a “box” too and a tag (“für mama” is saying “for mum”) wouldn’t be wrong either. So here it is:

And if anybody wants to make some for themselves:

coaster_box.pdf (6.7 KB)
tag.pdf (20.6 KB)
coaster.pdf (78.8 KB)

43 Likes

Oh wow, the assembled ‘puzzle’ is a beaut.

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing you designs.

I’m sure your mother will love it!

2 Likes

What a creative gift. Thank you for sharing the files! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Those look great. Your mum will love them. Thanks for your generosity in sharing these files!!!

3 Likes

Love it. Thank You for the share.

3 Likes

Wonderful set! I like that it makes a complete image, and the living hinge box is perfect for those rounded edge tiles.

Thanks for the files!

3 Likes

Very creative and attractive, love the living hinges on the holder. Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

my mum was so impressed that she won’t use it but instead brag about it when she’ll meet her girlfriends. :smiley: :roll_eyes: :blush:

3 Likes

Awesome! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Really like the three sided box … And the use of the living hinge.

3 Likes

Definitely love this! Thank you so much for sharing the files. I have some ideas of pictures I can put on the tiles. Did you finish the tiles with anything protective on the top?

2 Likes

I used proofgrade maple plywood. Since I’m always late (usually buy presents a day prior or on the day of the event) I didn’t have the time to finish any which way.

2 Likes