Mothers day gift that is going viral at work or, How I got hooked on engraving

Neither from what I recall.

Back when they went from ipm and % power they published a spreadsheet so those of us with machines (it was back in the days of Pre-Release Units) could translate our settings from old to new (& kvetch about non-meaningful and non-linear units). I don’t know that it still relates as they’ve done tweaks to both power & speed settings so I’m hesitant to link to it.

While there were a couple of testing template designs before the switch, there were lots uploaded afterwards. Testing is the only sure way to nail these down.

That can happen if the PG material isn’t flat. Using pins or magnets helps. If you out it on the bed and tap it with your fingers you’ll hear if it’s solid against the bed (thunk) or raised a bit (hollow echo). If it’s bowed up off the bed in the center that means the edges are likely flat - flip it over and the edges will be raised and the center will be flat against the bed. Then it’s easy to pin down the edges (hard to flatten the middle of a sheet).

Also if you’re using PG that’s already had something cut out of it, when it scans for the height it may hit the bed instead of the material. Use the Set Focus to make sure it grabs the height from material you’re planning to cut.

@caribis2 & @jamesdhatch This is SO HELPFUL. I did just print out the pin file, so I’ve got those ready to go. I hadn’t thought of that, and I do have some super strong magnets I can throw in there. This makes me so happy to have such a generous, involved, helpful community. Sending Full Power Energy Thanks!!!

Be careful with those - if they’re placed in the wrong place they can trigger a “fan assist error” because they stop the fan. Try to keep them out of the path of the back of the head. You can use the thin neodymium ones without much problem or the rectangular ones on the edges (the head won’t travel over them). Or you can get a magnetic shielding metal to glue to their tops (Amazon).

I use them almost exclusively but others are pin used. @Jules is the keeper of the link to the honeycomb pin posting. She’ll weigh in next :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Hey, she’s been out working here… :smile:

1 Like

Thanks! Done and used already!

1 Like