Motorcycle seat cover part 2

This has been a huge work in progress and after everyone’s comments on my last project I know some people were probably waiting for this post. I learned a lot about working with leather and dyes and hand stitching. I don’t know how many holes I stitched but I know next time I’m cutting the holes instead of just making them with a leather punch.
20181130_165054 !
Each piece of art this time was taken from various legend of zelda games and hours of inkscape were required to make them look decent. some of the jpegs were very blurry and so the vector files were hard to create as a straight crossover.
20181201_144014 !
Many times i had to cut small pieces of tape so i could acurately dye the leather with dabbers and then go back to fill in the engraved sections with acryllic paint. I apologize for out of order photos but i did this initially from my phone and the UI to move pics in edit mode is a pain.

!
This is all the pieces freshly washed with saddle soap. Unfortunately there are some spots where the masking tape was so thin that the leather got dyed from the ash and water.
!
!
I’ll update this when i have the cover attached to the bike and its all finished. I kind of want the overall color a little darker than it currently is. I also still need to get contact cement and glue down the overlap areas.

26 Likes

What a great result for all your efforts. Beautiful!

2 Likes

You should be proud it came out amazing looking.

2 Likes

This is absolutely amazing. Well done!!

2 Likes

Outstanding! The only thing that worries me is that your beautiful artwork is going to get rubbed away by your derrière!:laughing:

3 Likes

I can well imagine the punch for the holes was very wearing. Well done!

2 Likes