Mountain & Island Coasters

Just updated the download link with a new combined svg (raster and vector versions). The coasters are split up into individual files now in the raster, or individual svgs for each are here - Individuals - Google Drive

Not that crazy about some of the Hawaii contours, but the ridges & valleys are tough to show at this scale. They don’t all have the same scale or vertical interval levels either. That’s going to make me wince. :wink:

11 Likes

Glad I can be of any inspiration to anyone :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome looks great. I’m a fan of the blank and the nautical star. I was messing around and took the Big Island and made a coster of just the island with a cutout around the coastline. It has too many elevation lines and just looked like knotted wood without the other artwork.

2 Likes

As far as contours go, the big island is absolutely gorgeous to look at. It’s kind of a bummer to have it in a 4" design that’s really hard to show them on. I’m working on file for a 3d topo of a ski resort right now, but I think I’m going to make one for big island afterwards.

2 Likes

You are amazing., by the way I love the clear background. That way the topo stands out since that’s the most important part. Star is nice too

1 Like

Thanks for the updated files! I’m definitely going to print a few of these. :star_struck:

Fyi. One on the right is non toxic & food safe, too

5 Likes

I was waiting to get my hands on marble coasters to try @d_west excellent designs.

and I loved the outcome. Thanks @d_west.

10 Likes

The marble looks amazing!

I LOVE this! 1) Because I’ve been obsessed with bathymetric maps (& maps in general) and 2) Because I’m from the NW and Mt. Rainier & Mt. St. Helens have special meaning for me (I kept a souvenir of ash when Mt. St. Helens blew). I might have to make a set for myself! :slight_smile: THANK YOU so much for the generous share!

3 Likes

Where did you get the coasters? They look fantastic!

1 Like

At a handcraft market in Puebla, Mexico. US$7.50 / set of 6 coasters.

1 Like