Mountains Lamp!

After hours of designing this and trial and error I finally got this done… I made this from scratch from start to finish in Illustrator!! I’m gonna add some slits in the sides and more holes in the back to make the light shine through more… plus I need to get a different light as well…: but I’m loving it! What do you guys think?

41 Likes

That came out beautifully ! I assume that’s :proofgrade: ? Just curious/nosy but is the design or mountain imagery have a particular significance to you?

1 Like

Lol does that icon mean 3D? Lol sorry I’m new to the forums… I live in Colorado so they definitely do… we are military and have a new home every 3-4 years so I experience a lot of new places :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s our custom emoji for Proofgrade material. :grinning:

1 Like

Lmao like I said I’m new to the forums lol… this is actually a 1/8” wood looking mdf I got from the Home Depot… it follows all the safety procedures and it’s only $8.97 for a 4x8’! I love it!

3 Likes

Very nice! What did you use for the lighting? Did you get a plug in kit or just some battery powered lights?

1 Like

Thanks!! I used these lantern cords from amazon Swpeet 4 Pcs E26 Hanging Lantern Cord with On/Off Switch, Light Socket with 10.86 inch Extension Cord Cable, White Pendant Light Socket Cord for Kitchen/Bedroom/Bathroom/Restaurant/Cafe Shop https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07141NVQ3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_NmHCCbDXHBPAY

I use them for a lot of my projects!!

1 Like

Very creative and well executed.

2 Likes

Wow, the lamps look great both on and off.

2 Likes

Love it. I planed to make something similar

2 Likes

Very nice project!

Just updated the design… love it like this!

10 Likes

to help with even light distribution you could try some frosted acrylic!

There is also “light diffusion material” available that does the job more effectively with thinner material. Inventables used to carry it (in the Plastic section, where Glowforgers are less likely to look – though it is/was explicitly laserable) but, I see they have a hole in their catalog where it used to be. I’m sure someone else carries it.

I got some of the thinnest stuff they had for use in paper electronics projects (e.g., https://evermorestud.io/garden-lantern-pop-up-card-with-integrated-electronics/ ). It does a much better job diffusing light than similar weights of vellum.

1 Like

I updated the design again and I’m completely satisfied with it now :slight_smile:

10 Likes