Movin' on up

that is one great looking project.

2 Likes

Oops, when I first saw this I was on my phone and couldn’t see that in fact you did complete the inlay. It’s that tight a fit! Totally awesome!

3 Likes

HOLY…CRAP!!! That is so friggen epic

5 Likes

You should post a picture of that sheet! It would give me and the other plebs a boost. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s not as tight as rpegg’s, so I’m not sure if it’s something with my stroke or what.
Sure would be nice if the ‘bump’ with the keyboard arrows for positioning would also work with resizing!

2 Likes

Wow!

2 Likes

Entering a feature request in the bug reporting system is valid everywhere I’ve worked.

3 Likes

Wow. That’s a great improvement. I love practical projects. This one is arty too. Love it!

3 Likes

That looks 500% better than the plastic !! Now I want to see what you do on the doorbell button !! :grinning: (Acrylic ? Proofgrade™ ?)

3 Likes

It’s a lighted button too! Already thinking about it. Edge lit florescent green maybe…:wink:

3 Likes

I love your writing style in your post! Kind of a weird thing to say I’m sure, but everyone else has commented on the beauty of your project! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Great post and a great upgrade to the classic ugly door bell

2 Likes

Great project and result. Setting the bar high.

Our house is not quite worthy of that upgrade. Other than replacing the rope every decade or so this has been our never changing doorbell for many, many years.

20 Likes

I’m getting the exterior of the house painted this summer, so the doorbell replacement is a must! Funny, I just stepped out of our server room, and as I looked at the vent-covers on the doors, I thought, “I should grab the dimensions of those so I can GF up some really nice replacements.” I now see GF projects everywhere.

GF is going to make this one beautiful world, doorbell by doorbell. :glowforge::homes:

9 Likes

Careful if your server room is actual a raised floor data center of the likes you can’t just willy nilly change the stuff, fire resistance, air flow rates, reaction in a fire for off gasses, reaction to or impact to fire suppression system, air flow direction etc…

Then again if its just a closet with nothing advanced ignore everything I said

3 Likes

good cautions, but yup, this is our little local closet - not much in there, just a few lonely dust bunnies :rabbit2:

3 Likes

Ya we have a small team of data center planners. Every single item not matter how trivial they model with everything fire, electrical, thermals, air flows, suppression, floor loading, the list goes on and on

By request, this is what greeted me when I opened the big box! :sunglasses:

The address? yeah, you can’t get in unless you have a forge and are authorized.

9 Likes

OK, Not so sure about the maple, what say ye? :upside_down:

So happy with the improvement over that dumpy plastic box - that I have looked at for twenty years.

Thank you all!.. and rpegg, I love your doorbell! :+1::musical_note::bell::exclamation:

36 Likes

Looks fine to me. :relaxed:

4 Likes