Moving and Sharing with Family... sigh

I’m so sorry for what you’re going through. That sounds like a terrible trial for your family.

I don’t know.

1 Like

With a few carriers, when you get the initial tracking number email, there is also a way to contact them with any special instructions. So even if the Forge doesn’t require a signature initially, you may be able to put that requirement in place through the carrier. Or just have them hold it for pick up.

4 Likes

Hey thanks again everyone for the thoughts and support. The sign of a truly great community is that people actually care about each other, despite the fact that we are all just 1’s and 0’s to each other and will likely never actually meet each other.

Jan and I are looking at things positively, and some things are in the works. It remains to be seen what the outcome will be, especially considering the… flip-flop nature of her family’s decision making ability. I’ll update when a decision of note happens.

7 Likes

Very good.
The only constant is change, and change is already on its way.

6 Likes

No good deed goes unpunished

5 Likes

It is beyond the point of change, so the resolution is this. The ungrateful one and daughter have decided to return to California. They leave this weekend. Now we have a very big house and that means that the downstairs is transforming in to my office, game room, and Glowforge Central/workshop/craft room! I was informed that I have to share with my wife :wink:

We’d probably be better off somewhere smaller, but it’ll cost a lot to break our lease and we are basically going to keep our eyes open for housing opportunities, but pretty much intend to stay, though we could save more money by moving to somewhere smaller/cheaper.

14 Likes

Good. I’m glad you finally have resolution. (Toxic situations aren’t any good for anyone.) Now you can move forward. (And don’t forget to go have that steak dinner.)

12 Likes