Multiple logins / users for one unit at school?

We just got a GF at our school.

What is the best way to manage multiple students / logins / for schools and students?

Obviously file management is an issue.

Thanks!

Here’s something to help get you started.

You may have to just get each student an account of their own.
I remember there was a thread about adding students to their school GF but I couldn’t find it.

Each student would get their own account( isolated from the primary account), with their own workspace where they can store their projects.

Hope this helps somewhat, there are some members out there that can provide more info.

1 Like

There was a discussion about this awhile back, but I don’t want to search for it.

There were two suggestions… one was to create an account for each student, but this requires an email address for each one and gives them access to the forum, PMs, etc., which may be outside of what is appropriate for your school use policy. The other was to assign a login for each class. You could just log the computer in for the appropriate class and then students don’t have the login info. Or you could give them the login for the class, but that gives them the ability to log in from home, etc.

3 Likes

I have one computer logged into the GFUI and students save files to a shared google drive folder on that computer then they/I can upload to the GFUI and run their file. I have classes of 32 students and thus far it has worked out well.

2 Likes

Yes. What Joseph said. Multiple logins on a computer separate their “on the computer” work, then add them as USERS to the forge which will work to keep their on forge library separate. Not sure if there is a limit to the number of users you can add, but…

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the advice. Each student would need their own account. This allows each student to keep their designs separate from one another and complies with our Terms of Service. You can add users when logged into app.glowforge.com and clicking “Add User” in the top right of the Dashboard.

I’m going to close this thread - if there are any additional questions, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for asking about this!

2 Likes