Music, art, and cat bait

I’ve watched a LOT of videos from various crafters/artists … the master being Sandy Allnock. There are so many crafts and so little time! I want to do it all!

4 Likes

Those are great!

1 Like

This is SO cute!..and the coloring is superb! I hear you on the fun going away after multiple repeats. :roll_eyes::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you! And just moments ago, I got this email…so if any of you really want a good deal on LaserTile, today is the day…

3 Likes

I’m the other way. I get jazzed up doing riffs on projects - so I start with one and then tweak the style to make another and then another… pretty soon 6 hours have gone by & I’ve got a herd of reindeer or a dentist of foxes or an entire farm of animals. Same thing happened when I was in tea bag box house mode - started making them for every tea flavor we had with just different cut outs to match the type (strawberries, mint leaves, moon& fairies, etc). We’re awash in GF produced stuff. :grinning:

I checked and even at that price shipping outweighs the price difference between the special and the “free shipping” version that costs $125/box. Two boxes of the special was $325 vs $250. Always pays to check. :slightly_smiling_face:

EDIT: oops - the “free shipping” box is only 60 tiles. I hate it when people play games like that :frowning:

3 Likes

Thanks. That was enough to push me over the edge and breakdown and order.

1 Like

If the Free Shipping box was 60 tiles, you also want to be careful…I only got 51 usable tiles out of the deal, because the rest broke in transport. Not packed correctly.

Not worth persuing, I’ll use the broken ones for testing, but it is the only box I’ll be ordering.

1 Like

I did some math, too…and went ahead and ordered a full box of 8" and paid shipping. The difference came from $6.33 down to $4.50 per tile. I didn’t realize though until my last and first order from this place, that they are right up in Portland…only about 45 min. from me, so shipping to me is probably significantly less than to places further away…like you. Can’t get much further away than you! :wink: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I sure understand. I did think of your experience with broken tiles, so will be observant of my order and will definitely contact them if I don’t receive my full order intact. I’ll keep everyone updated about that.

1 Like

I’ve gotten a couple of boxes from them before and didn’t have an issue with breakage. They came in small boxes of 10 packed in a bigger box with crushed paper between the smaller boxes - only worked because the larger box wasn’t much bigger than the collection of small boxes. Otherwise crumpled paper is not a good cushioning material for shipping breakables. I’m getting a freight shipping quote for 300 tiles. I’ve got a couple of projects using a multi-tile grid that would be cool.

2 Likes

Yeah, the outer box was too large on this one - the small box of ten was crushed. They put the rest in a larger box inside, and only one of those tiles broke.

1 Like

Huh. Surprised they didn’t do 6 small boxes of 10 in a single larger box. A single small box is going to be toast.

They used to do real free shipping (not just a fixed shipping cost buried in the cost of a different quantity) for the full 100 count boxes. Last set I got was 2 of those. Seeing what they’ll do for freight. Got a message back they’d honor the $89 price for a freight shipment of 3 boxes. Getting the freight quote tomorrow.

2 Likes

Love your projects. I would love some guidance regarding settings for LaserTile. I am not getting very good results.

I ordered from them over a year ago. Shipping seems a problem for this guy. 45% of my tiles were damaged. He gave me credit after I sent him photos of the carnage, but I haven’t ordered again and it sounds like he hasn’t addressed the problem.

1 Like

But…does it fart?
I really expect all of your creations to fart.

2 Likes

I’ll PM you the settings I used, otherwise it has to go in Beyond the Manual. I’ve only done one tile, so far. I’m going to try to stay on top of what goes on with this company and their shipping practices. You might find some other info. about using these tiles if you search Laser Tiles.

1 Like

Haha! Well, not yet anyway. Sometimes that feature takes extra time to make itself known. :rofl:

1 Like

Just an update; received my box of 8" laser tiles this afternoon. Didn’t pull each and every one out, but they appear to have all arrived unbroken. The order took a very long time, nearly 3 weeks…and it’s only about 45 miles from where I live. They were packed in their own box, but then they used reams of packing tape and pieces of Amazon boxes to beef it up like a tank.

If anyone orders, be prepared for it to take a long time to receive them

1 Like

Same - recieved mine on Friday (alnmost forgot I had ordered) Been several weeks. Appear to be intact !! Time to Forge ahead…

1 Like

My experience mirrors that of @Xabbess… shipment was well packed with no broken pieces. It took a few weeks to receive it after I placed the order, and I’m in Reno NV which is not that far from Oregon.

1 Like