My 2021 Letterpress Christmas cards

So impressive!

1 Like

Love these!! I have 2 presses myself I have forever been weak in the knees for letterpress :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Ever have one of those totally duh lightbulb moments?

I picked up a Fiskars Fuse a few years ago on clearance (it’s like a bigger Sizzix, I’d read about a printmaker who used one as a desktop rolling print press). Besides their size, they had a unique system of cut and letterpress in one pass using inserts inside specialized dies with many available print inserts for each die shape. The inserts are largely meh and I’d considered GFing my own but didn’t have a solid idea for supporting the bits (not a fan of engraving personally, too slow for my limited available time).

So thanks very much @cynd11 and @ptodd for sparking a potential solution!

8 Likes

Oh, very cool. Do show us what you are doing with it when you get it running!

3 Likes

All I did was mention it … @cynd11 did all the cool stuff! :grinning:

4 Likes

These are brilliant!! I keep watching FB marketplace for an affordable press. Love, love, love! :heart:

3 Likes

Absolutely stunning <3

3 Likes

These cards are beautiful! Thank you for explaining your process.

3 Likes

It’s all been said before but I have to add my kudos! I made linocut cards for years but got out of the habit. Your well documented technique may inspire me to start again. Thanks for taking the time to share!

5 Likes

This is just brilliant! I love the look!

2 Likes

These are so elegant! Really nice work. I don’t have the patience, tools, or skills to do this ~ but I love watching the process, and truly admire the end result. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes