My Almost-Clock

Stunning! Have to say I really like the mahogany stain … The contrast of it all!

2 Likes

Oooooohhhh, this is really, really nice! Beautiful contrast in the layers.

1 Like

Beautiful. I love the selection of wood.

1 Like

Great work!
I like the idea of cutting your own hands. For good contrast the two color acrylics spring to mind… Just which ones. :thinking:

1 Like

The acrylic would need to be really thin, though…at least, for any of the clock movements I’ve ever used!

2 Likes

gorgeous!

2 Likes

Stunning. Great design and nice work! So cool to use such an array of materials in one piece!

1 Like

I have use the Inventables black on gold that’s like a heavier card stock, .024".

3 Likes

Nice, I didn’t realize you could get it that thin!

1 Like

That is OH so nice. Beautiful choices!

1 Like

A really beautify piece :heart_eyes:
As nice as it is perhaps you could put the hands in back and light up LEDs in the tiny holes as the hand made the electrical connection as it swept by :thinking:

2 Likes

I would go with black hands on the clock. At first glance it would look like a beautiful piece of art . . . then “Voila!” you realize it’s a functional clock too.

2 Likes

It’s finally a clock! And I kinda don’t even care anymore whether it’s hard to see the hands. :wink:

24 Likes

That looks wonderful, great job.

2 Likes

Not as difficult as I might have thought but I can hear already " Oh Wow! It’s also a clock!" teally beautiful!

2 Likes

Looks great!! Some materials I’ve used for clock hands are Rowmark’s LaserMax and LaserMark two color plastic sheets, they have a ton of color combinations and they’re thin and sturdy, you should check them out. Johnson Plastics carry them.

5 Likes

Nice choice on the hands. It’s a gorgeous piece!

2 Likes

That is really beautiful! And I agree…nice choice for the hands. I does indeed look like just a gorgeous piece of wall art that just so happens to also tell time. Nice work!

2 Likes

I used a red hand movement for mine. It sold on Etsy recently and I think I priced it too low!

13 Likes

That brass should work; gonna have to keep it shiny!

1 Like