My attempt at something new

I had a few moments this morning before work and wanted to try out engraving on a flask. Pretty easy - I removed the crumb tray, set it on a cutting board and used silver iPhone 7 settings and it came out perfect. It took about 8 minutes. I just wiped it down after the engrave and it came out shiny. This is a really cheap flask from amazon, I think it cost about $10.00. The Greek text says "Let the poison go down! " (i.e. take away the taste of bitterness from life by drink)

63 Likes

Nice result.

Duration?

3 Likes

That came out great.

I’d ask for a link to the flask, but it reminds me - my mom keeps saying I should cut down on my drinking, but sent me an engraved flask for Christmas. WTH?

10 Likes

Thanks. Duration of what?

1 Like

LOL. I will look up the link and send it over.

1 Like

The engrave. How long did it take?

1 Like

Oh sorry. About 8 minutes.

1 Like

Looks sharp! Nice Job!

3 Likes

Looketh goodly! :+1:

4 Likes

Wow that is a bit baster than I’d have expected. Nice.

2 Likes

I think it was only 175 lpi. I didn’t go for the Manual to HD engrave. I just wanted to see what it would do.

3 Likes

Wow - nice result!

2 Likes

Thanks! Really very simple to produce. If I had the time I would make a ton of these and sell them. LOL

1 Like

Another potential sideline!

2 Likes

LOL. I am too far behind on the living room set for the doll furniture. I finally got the sofa done and will cut it. Just need to finish the rest of the furniture.

5 Likes

The anticipation…

2 Likes

HAHA. I have to fix one measurement that I can’t believe I let slide before printing. Then I will post it.

4 Likes

The first time I did a black flask, I thought it was ruined and didn’t work, so I ran it again. After the 2nd pass, it still didn’t look right but when I picked it up, I discovered…it just needed wiped off!

This looks awesome!

6 Likes

LOL. I was thinking the same thing before I wiped mine off. “Do I need to run it again?”

1 Like

Glad I’m not the only one lol

1 Like