My BEST selling product is now available for you to print!

My first files I’ve ever designed, hope you enjoyed the inspo❤

12 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

2 Likes
8 Likes

Welcome!

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

What’s it made of? What kind of machine do you have? Tell us something other than it’s for sale! This community is about sharing your work!

8 Likes

Cut out of 1/8 inch MDF on a glowforge pro;) I’m sharing the file, hope you like it!

2 Likes

Welcome!

1 Like

Thank you! Good to be here:)

I went to Hobby lobby to get some cardstock and a new cutting mat. Saw these letters and thought that getting some other textures for the letters would be cool. Of course, it was one more incentive to get a plasma cutter.

Nice execution and good use of materials.

9 Likes

Plasma cutter??? Whoa that is kicking it up a notch or two.

3 Likes

Probably not plasma. It looks like galvanized tin. There are some seriously nasty fumes that come from cutting that (I just leave the garage door open and a fan blowing out and don’t stand near the plasma unit). In a production facility it would likely be made using large die punches. So you can avoid needing a plasma :laughing:

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum! :slightly_smiling_face:

FWIW, I thought it was a sales post too and was a little confused why it was in the “Made on a GF” category, but now I’m not so sure. So I figured I’d just ask; are you sharing the file and I’m just not seeing the free file link, or is this just more of an Etsy advertisement?

3 Likes

seems like an etsy ad, for a pretty pricey file…

:frowning:
I hope i’m wrong

1 Like

Wasn’t aware this was against the rules! Let me take it down!:heart:

1 Like

its not against the rules, but say you are selling… so its understood :slight_smile:
we all are adults here, and understand people need to make a living.

Jonathan

2 Likes

You’re fine, don’t stress about it. :slight_smile:

It’s not a hard fast rule that no sales are allowed, but it was a bit confusing because this category is typically for makers to show off their creations and discuss them, versus a venue for file sales, and when you said you were “sharing” them I just took it too literally.

We really like to foster the forum as a place that’s more about the process and celebration of making, and not as much about generating sales. (Not that there’s anything wrong with making money. :stuck_out_tongue: ) The forum just has a bit different direction, and once we start down the path of being a place for outright advertisements, they tend to start dominating things, and it’s hard to go back. We seem to have settled on a happy medium of people posting their creations and talking about them, and then somewhere in their post secondarily mentioning/linking their shop or whatever. That way we get to know you the maker and see all the cool stuff you design, and you get the benefit of people being able to find your work if they want it.

And your alphabet is really cool BTW!

10 Likes

Welcome

Add your store site to your profile and you’ll get some free exposure.

4 Likes

Did you forget to include pics and info?

Forum description: “Please share your pictures and stories of projects you’ve printed on your Glowforge!”

1 Like