My crazy Settlers of Catan board

That’s OK. Sometimes your best work is your first one, even if the others are more technically correct.

When I’m envisioning a new creation, I see myself holding each piece in my hand, looking at the backside, how it fits w/its neighbors, etc. I also ‘disassemble’ the entire thing in my mind.

Usually, the first piece off is the last one finished (often smallest and/or highest in elevation). By unbuilding it and then re-building it, you will figure out where the production bottlenecks are.

Have fun, and good luck.

1 Like

Yeah, there’s an official board in the Glowforge Store even… no need to go full nuts like I did.

1 Like

I wish I could do that. It would save a lot of material.

1 Like

When I realized I could solve a maze in reverse a lot faster than the regular way, I started applying that to a lot of other puzzles.

1 Like

I played it at a party in college a couple of years ago … so didn’t get a real good idea of the draw … but the board is amazing he made! I get tired thinking of how much work he went through… must love the game! Perhaps I should try it again when it’s safe to gather… but I doubt I will make anything quite as fantastic as this!!