My earrings are getting burnt to a crisp!

Wow, this is amazing… thanks so much for taking the time to recreate my design on your glowforge!! Would you mind sharing the settings you used?

Thanks so much! :blush: That’s what I’m hoping!

Thank you!! And I will check out the link :blush:

Thank you!! Excited to be part of the community :blush:

1 Like

Thanks!! I don’t think Ponoko is cleaning them up because they come with masking on and I have to remove it.

In his post, he says that he used the settings for Proofgrade Maple Plywood and that the material he used was the maple plywood.

1 Like

Yup! I used that because you said you were using PG plywood as well. So default settings for proofgrade maple ply.

I am curious, why did you try “many different cut/score settings”, instead of the defaults for the material used? That’s the point of using PG material, only if there’s a problem do those settings need to be adjusted.

2 Likes

oh, okay! the default settings were what I used originally and that is when the cut came out looking burnt… So then I tried messing with the settings. I am going to try again with the default settings and see what happens!

You should only have one score and one cut design element.

I said earlier, it looks like you’re engraving the center elements, and a non-white background would cause the burning you’re seeing.

2 Likes

Also, swap the cut and score order so the cut is last. Your results will be more accurate.

I was just testing to show it wouldn’t burn using PG settings.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.