My first attempt at wall art

I wanted to create a large display (27 x 40 inches) so I engraved and cut out a series of wooden squares, then cut out the larger letters and glued them on. I added the colors with wood stain. All in all in spite of several lessons learned and goofs, I like it.

53 Likes

I like it too! Very nice work. Creative way to make a large picture with the space-limit of the machine, nice clean design. Thanks for sharing that!
Welcome to the community :sunglasses:

3 Likes

That looks wonderful!

3 Likes

You sure did a nice job. Hope to see more of your work.

2 Likes

That is wonderful! We are moving soon and I’m hoping to make a few art pieces with multiple pieces such as this. I already have one planned with tiles.

6 Likes

Great project. I love the authentic look that the color you used gives to this old style poster. Lessons are great - especially when you still end up with an outcome you are proud of.

3 Likes

Welcome!! Love your art piece … nice way to join the forum!

3 Likes

This is very nice. I like the way the wood panels look like tiles.

That’s really nice!

Oooo, very nice! It has a wonderful vintage feel.

2 Likes

Cool! Very retro!

I had an art teacher who had us do something similar once only using a square from a cartoon to a poster. Now, you’ve inspired me to do something like this. Thanks! You did an amazing job!!! I love it. I hope you do more.

2 Likes

Absolutely brilliant!

That’s lovely! I’m not sure it was intentional, but to me it looks like someone put an old war poster away all folded up and you’ve carefully flattened it and framed it :smiley:

2 Likes

Wow just WOW!!!

Great idea! The results are fantastic looking! That is a fun way to make big projects for those with a basic.