My First Attempts at Making Things with my New Golwforge

Hello everyone, having only owned my glowforge for a few days now I am very excited at the possibilities that lay ahead. I have tested the pen holder (which incidently makes for an amazing fairy light holder too). I am stunned by the level of precision that this machine has.

I have also tested producing some drinks coasters with my company logo and have already had some of my customers want to buy them. My friend was also overjoyed with one I made for him as a gift too.

Next up is a moon lamp for my son which will become part of his school project on space. This is currently being engraved as I type this and looks incredible so far (I will post the images of this once complete.

As someone who produced hand made leather products in the past I am also excited to see if I can expidite my production times using this machine too.

Best Wishes to All,
Michael :slight_smile:

42 Likes

Gorgeous stuff!

I’m a couple years in and I still have that wow factor when I pull some things out. It’s just so frickin’ cool that I have this tool available to me!

5 Likes

Gorgeous! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Welcome to the community! :sunglasses:
There is lots of information and ideas to dig through. This is also the best place to get help.

Nice work there :+1:

3 Likes

You’re off to a great start. The fun never gets old.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum. You are going to make some great stuff.

3 Likes

This is the moon light I made today (as mentioned earlier)…

28 Likes

You can also make reverse designs in Delrin and use a hammer to bang them out very fast.

5 Likes

You’re off to a great start and will have lots of fun! Welcome!

3 Likes

Welcome! Fantastic work. The moon light! WOW! Great stuff - keep going!

2 Likes

Nicely done!
Those spots around the edge are flashback caused by the laser reflecting off of the bed. You can prevent it by placing the acrylic on thin cardboard. I’ve found that masking the back side also helps.

1 Like

Hugely appreciated, I will certainly do that next time round. I did wonder what they were :wink:

Best Wishes Michael

1 Like

Your moon light is amazing! Is that the back side?

1 Like

The side that you are viewing in the image is the non engraved side :wink:

This was another night light I made for my daughter which has our two pooches on it.

Needless to say, she was over the moon with it :wink:

13 Likes

Good projects! Keep at it!

3 Likes

I was wondering if it was the back side of the Moon :rofl: it did not look like the front. I realized about the Acrylic

2 Likes

Welcome and keep up the nice work.

1 Like

Ha ha, this is actually the front of the moon but I made a mistake when I produced it. I just forgot to invert the image and flip it across it’s horizontal axis before engraving it. That said it still looks very nice non the less :wink:

3 Likes

Really amazing!

2 Likes