My first big project! - Custom Catan Board

Finally getting around to my first big project. I’m making a custom Catan board for my partner for the holidays. I spent awhile designing/testing and finally landed on the design that I want. I still have to cut out all of the tokens, ports and border pieces, but I’m pretty pleased so far! I used all natural woods, no dyes. Feedback welcome!

Uploading: Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 1.38.26 PM.png…

58 Likes

Ooh! Beautiful :slight_smile:

It looks like your second picture didn’t get a chance to upload before you hit submit though!
I’ve never made one because I’ve never been able to reach that “landed on a design” phase :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Nice use of different woods. Very pretty.

4 Likes

My only feedback is it looks great! Your partner is going to love it. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I love Settlers of Catan also! Been wanting to make a custom board for a while… but just haven’t had time.

I love all the different takes and creations I have seen!

5 Likes

Thanks ya’ll!! I just finished all the resources and now working on the border I’ll post updates as I go :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That is beautiful!

3 Likes

For all of the custom Catan boards that are out there I really love the simple straight forward design you made on the tiles. Elegance comes to mind. Beautifully done.

4 Likes

Your choice of woods is perfect. Gorgeous!

2 Likes

Reply: Well that just awesome…

Keep Creating,

2 Likes

Beautiful!

I wanted to make one since before I had a Glowforge. Was finally thinking about making one, but didn’t realize it wasn’t a game for 2. Usually just my husband and I available for games.

3 Likes

There are alternate rules you can play to make it two player, but it is not as much fun IMO.

2 Likes

Of course. 🥲

2 Likes

This is really nice, I have never played this game but all the amazing boards I’ve seen including this one make me want to!

2 Likes

Wow! What an undertaking! Turned out AMAZING!!

1 Like

I’m a Catan newbie. My grandson, however, is the official player for our family. He asked me to make him a basic board and perhaps some extensions in the future. So, I’ve been considering how to depict the resources on the hex cards. But I thought there were five (brick wool, grain, lumber and ore) resources and you have six (coal?). Immasoconfused!

The work is stunning. Thank you for sharing.

3 Likes

The single dark with waves is, I believe, the desert :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you!! Yes the one without a circle for the coin is the desert :slight_smile: the Desert is mahogany! I’ll post some more progress photos so you can see it coming together :slight_smile:

Thanks so much everyone!! Here is some progress! Right now it’s all done except for 4 of the border pieces. I’m having some trouble with my file where it’s throwing random lines in the pieces. I also have the extension pieces too to make it up to 6 players

8 Likes

Very nice. I especially like the way you joined the boards together. I may have to check out this game. I have an idea for the pieces. :thinking:

2 Likes