My first big project! - Custom Catan Board

There are alternate rules you can play to make it two player, but it is not as much fun IMO.

2 Likes

Of course. 🥲

2 Likes

This is really nice, I have never played this game but all the amazing boards I’ve seen including this one make me want to!

2 Likes

Wow! What an undertaking! Turned out AMAZING!!

1 Like

I’m a Catan newbie. My grandson, however, is the official player for our family. He asked me to make him a basic board and perhaps some extensions in the future. So, I’ve been considering how to depict the resources on the hex cards. But I thought there were five (brick wool, grain, lumber and ore) resources and you have six (coal?). Immasoconfused!

The work is stunning. Thank you for sharing.

3 Likes

The single dark with waves is, I believe, the desert :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you!! Yes the one without a circle for the coin is the desert :slight_smile: the Desert is mahogany! I’ll post some more progress photos so you can see it coming together :slight_smile:

Thanks so much everyone!! Here is some progress! Right now it’s all done except for 4 of the border pieces. I’m having some trouble with my file where it’s throwing random lines in the pieces. I also have the extension pieces too to make it up to 6 players

8 Likes

Very nice. I especially like the way you joined the boards together. I may have to check out this game. I have an idea for the pieces. :thinking:

2 Likes

FYI, that happens when there is an open node that the :glowforge: tries to close - if you’re only engraving you can make it a raster and that problem with disappear - or you can dig through your file to find the open end that is confusing it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Looks great! Can’t wait to do my own!

2 Likes

Love it. Any chance you will share the file?

1 Like

This is a friendly reminder that it is against forum rules to ask for files.

2 Likes

@deirdrebeth thank you! I have another thread going where we’re trying to figure out what’s going on in the file, I’m currently testing the new one on cardboard! I’ll let you know if it works :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here is the file
borders3.pdf (403.4 KB)

Wow! This is a beautiful piece of art (in addition to being a game)!! I love the colors and textures! Well done. I know nothing about Catan, but am going to look it up now. :blush:

1 Like

Posting a few more updates! Here is it put together (missing 2 of the final border pieces)

8 Likes

Stunning! A beautiful piece of artwork, and pretty awesome that it is a game!

1 Like

are you selling or giving away your design .svg? If so where can I get it?

Just a reminder that it is against forum rules to ask for files. If a designer chooses to share their work it will be posted in the Free Laser Files category of the forum. If they sell items, they may have a link in their profile.

5 Likes