My first “big” project on my new Glowforge

You can never go wrong with a heart. Beautiful engraving and like that you made it adjustable.

Welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I created the entire file for the cookbook stand but can’t take credit for the heart- it’s a commercial use file I purchased on Etsy - there are several sellers selling the same file- and a funny story- I actually had to purchase it 3 times from 3 different sellers because while I am not currently selling these stands right now, I wanted to have the option to in the future , and the first time I purchased it the seller wouldn’t allow use in products to be sold, the second had a glitch and wasn’t downloading properly, and the third time the seller allowed commercial use. Their shop name is DIYCUTTINGFILES on Etsy. They have it in several different versions (split, heart inside, etc). If I ever decide to make the cookbook stand file available on Etsy and someone wants the same design I will definitely link to their store. Thanks again for your kind words!

2 Likes

Well excellent work on your file! A shame you had to buy it multiple times. Sometimes those issues arise.

Thank you for the name of the final shop on Etsy. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Oh you’re so welcome! And yes, I was very frustrated but glad it all turned out ok- you know what they say- 3rd time’s a charm! :laughing:

Also, I typed my last response to you on my iPhone without my reading glasses which is always a bad idea :rofl:…and realized I had some typos when I saw my post on my iPad. Sorry about that! Just fixed them.

Thanks again!!

3 Likes

really lovely

2 Likes

Thank you so much!:relaxed:

1 Like

Lovely! Very practical and beautiful.

2 Likes

Thank you! Very appreciated!

1 Like

They all look great, but the staining on the “Julie” stand is superb!

1 Like

Thank you so much! It was my first time trying anything like that and I was really happy with the effect, although I do wish the “Julie” was a little darker. I thought about filling the name in with some dark wood stain or paint but then decided against it. Live and learn!

3 Likes