My first decent project

Hey guys, first post!

Got my glowforge 2 weeks ago and just finished up the first project I’m excited to share. Got the idea from all of y’all. Need to work on the edges a little bit I’m still happy with how it turned out.

68 Likes

This is really great! Congrats on how well this turned out. Welcome to the community, you will love it here!

3 Likes

looks great!

5 Likes

Very nice first project. I look forward to seeing more things that you bring to life with your Glowforge.

4 Likes

Very nice use of color with the sky. Hand painted?

3 Likes

Very nice - 5 layers?

Jonathan

1 Like

@evansd2 First layer black matte spray paint, next two wood stain, last layer is hand painted. I painted it blue, masked it, the. Etched in the stars and painted them before removing the mask. The moon was cut out, painted, then replaced. I don’t think I’ll cut the moon again, I’m afraid it might fall out if hit too hard.

4 Likes

@Deleted 4 layers, the moon was cut out, painted, and glued back in. I like the depth the layers give to it though. One day I want to do a really deep one.

2 Likes

@dklgood Thank you! Im very excited!

1 Like

Please remove the word “decent” from your post and replace it with
INCREDIBLE

LOVE IT!!!

6 Likes

@JimmyWayneWestie Thank you! I greatly appreciate that!

1 Like

Impressive

2 Likes

Pros: Nicely done, cool frame.

Cons: Only 2 wolves, doesn’t glow in the dark.

(A little homage)

3 Likes

I have been doing 5 layer guitars, I add a ‘cheat’ layer which gives just that added dimension, also I have played with shading and that also adds a lot of personality to a piece, you will really enjoy the glowforge.

I constantly tell people:
“In the morning I have an idea, in the evening I am holding that idea in my hand”

Jonathan

2 Likes

…. And now I must make the ridiculous idea you have inspired in me @timjedwards ! :rofl: I’ll send an update with more glowing wolves.

2 Likes

Thank you @Deleted! I am currently not very good at painting, but with a little practice I would like to be able add some depth and interest to the sky. I’ve also thought about doing a slight engraving over the trees to add details. The main purpose of getting the GF was a side income, are things like this popular for consumers? Do you sell your guitars?

I am a strange bird here, I don’t sell what I make – I never thought about using the GF as a tool for income.

2 Likes

@Deleted those are REALLY impressive! Definitely a quality that I hope to one day to achieve!

1 Like

I’m only GF’ed 3 months - the learning curve is quick!

2 Likes

Wonderful what you have created.

1 Like