My first Laser tile

Thanks for the pointer. Not sure theyā€™re still actively in business though, their web site seems to be suffering from fatal neglect. Dog-slow, links that lead nowhere, a certificate name mismatch on checkout, and the icing on the cake: ā€œSorry, it seems that there are no available payment methods for your state. Please contact us if you require assistance or wish to make alternate arrangements.ā€

Iā€™ve got some cermark tile spray on order, so I although I was ready to give lasertile a bunch of money, Iā€™m not tremendously inconvenienced by their preventing me from doing so.

Edit: yeah, theyā€™ve obviously gone out of business, I e-mailed sales@lasertile.co from their contact page and it bounced. Too bad, it looked like a cool product.

5 Likes

Their Facebook page hasnā€™t been updated with posts since end of November 2016, but they also reference a contact email address of wclasertile@gmail.com, but I havenā€™t tried contacting them with it.

Also, they seem to own lasertile.com. Iā€™m not sure why theyā€™d bother to use lasertile.co if they had the .com address as well, but Iā€™ll chalk that up to anti-domain squatting.

Edit: Judging from this thread, Iā€™m not holding out any hope the extra information will help much, though.

1 Like

I just tried to send Sales@lasertile.com an email, it was returned as not active.
Have spent about thirty minutes searching and cannot find another supplier.
If I knew the tiles were going to work this well, I would have purchased a couple of boxes two years ago.
Hope I can find a new supplier, if I cannot find a new source for the tiles, maybe @dan could one day add them to the store.

8 Likes

Thanks Jules, the link works, I sent an email to the contact Sales@lasertile.com this morning and it was returned

ā€œFinal-recipient: rfc822; sales@lasertile.co
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 No Such User Hereā€

Man I hope I can locate another supplier. I will buy several boxes have me a major stockpile of tiles.

Found a patent describing how to make the magic ceramic glaze. And the patent has expired. So if anyone wants to mix some up from the recipe given youā€™re in the clear.

9 Likes

Yeah, I saw that when I tried to put something into the cart so I deleted the post. Bummer! :confused:

Iā€™m not sure anyone has mentioned it, but LaserSketch (http://lasersketch.com/) does carry laser tiles. Their site seems to indicate ā€œdealers onlyā€, but I gave them a call and placed an order. I ordered a few tiles and agate slices. The tiles worked very well, have not tried the agate yet. Prices were fairly steep, so will not be using their stuff in place of draftboard anytime soon.

7 Likes

Their ā€˜dealers onlyā€™ link includes descriptors that would certainly fit any Glowforge owner.

Probably have to order a few for samples for the store. Dang it. More stuff to laser.

2 Likes

More stuff to laser, and you say that like it is a bad thing. HAH
It is a bad thing for me right now, I have so many outside obligations until next spring I donā€™t have time to laser.
I think I am about ready to give up a couple things so I can have more alone time for me and the Glowforge.
I bookmarked that site when I get the time I will be contacting them.

That last touch was sarcastic. As my posts indicate, Iā€™m 100% on board for the ā€˜laser all the thingsā€™ train. I actively go seeking at storesā€¦reminds me I have to run to Restoreā€¦ Not enough time. I actually have to stop today to do a few other things, like cleaning and laundry. Iā€™ve put on over 20 hours on the Glowforge in a week, which is 20 hours I wasnā€™t doing other stuff. Even the cats are feeling neglected. I still have to get Etsy and YouTube completed this weekend, as well as a good bit of stuff around the apartment.

1 Like

Just received an email from laser tile, they say lasertile.com is back up.
tried to place an order but Safari gave me a couple of site errors. If I receive a response from the email I just sent them about the site errors I will let you know.

the email text is below.

Hello there;

LaserTile.com is back up and running. We apologize to everyone for any delays that we may have caused.
Weā€™re offering 10% off on your next orders when you use the coupon code: sorry

Thank you,
Danny Stevens

Unsubscribe me from this list

10 Likes

Hmm, still canā€™t complete the checkout. Glad to know theyā€™re working on it. I suspect theyā€™re about to get a rash of orders.

2 Likes

The only thing I know is, I am impressed with the tile and will be buying a couple of boxes as soon as they have their site fixed.
I really think I could sell a lot of custom tiles for gifts.

1 Like

Iā€™m curious how those tiles stand up to heat in the long run. I could see them being used for trivets and it would be a shame to have the design destroyed by heat.

2 Likes

I will try one out, that is after I can confirm that I can get another supply.

2 Likes

I dug up my box of tiles I purchased from them during the ā€œbig waitā€. Now will definately have to try em! What settings did you use?

1 Like

This is an amazing find. Thank you!!

used 1000 speed and 5% power, dots pattern and adjusted for thickness of tile. That was my first guess and it worked.

11 Likes

Had to do a double-take. This is photorealistic!

4 Likes

Has anyone tried this Thermark on glass and ceramic? Iā€™d be interested in seeing how well it works on these materials and what settings prevent micro fractures in glass, but still leaves a durable mark. http://www.thermark.com/content/view/30/83/

Imagine a multi-step process of applying several colors similar to screen printing:
apply color 1 > laser > clean
apply color 2 > laser > clean
apply color 3 > laser > clean
apply color 4 > laser > clean

8 Likes