My first Laser tile

More stuff to laser, and you say that like it is a bad thing. HAH
It is a bad thing for me right now, I have so many outside obligations until next spring I don’t have time to laser.
I think I am about ready to give up a couple things so I can have more alone time for me and the Glowforge.
I bookmarked that site when I get the time I will be contacting them.

That last touch was sarcastic. As my posts indicate, I’m 100% on board for the ‘laser all the things’ train. I actively go seeking at stores…reminds me I have to run to Restore… Not enough time. I actually have to stop today to do a few other things, like cleaning and laundry. I’ve put on over 20 hours on the Glowforge in a week, which is 20 hours I wasn’t doing other stuff. Even the cats are feeling neglected. I still have to get Etsy and YouTube completed this weekend, as well as a good bit of stuff around the apartment.

1 Like

Just received an email from laser tile, they say lasertile.com is back up.
tried to place an order but Safari gave me a couple of site errors. If I receive a response from the email I just sent them about the site errors I will let you know.

the email text is below.

Hello there;

LaserTile.com is back up and running. We apologize to everyone for any delays that we may have caused.
We’re offering 10% off on your next orders when you use the coupon code: sorry

Thank you,
Danny Stevens

Unsubscribe me from this list

10 Likes

Hmm, still can’t complete the checkout. Glad to know they’re working on it. I suspect they’re about to get a rash of orders.

2 Likes

The only thing I know is, I am impressed with the tile and will be buying a couple of boxes as soon as they have their site fixed.
I really think I could sell a lot of custom tiles for gifts.

1 Like

I’m curious how those tiles stand up to heat in the long run. I could see them being used for trivets and it would be a shame to have the design destroyed by heat.

2 Likes

I will try one out, that is after I can confirm that I can get another supply.

2 Likes

I dug up my box of tiles I purchased from them during the “big wait”. Now will definately have to try em! What settings did you use?

1 Like

This is an amazing find. Thank you!!

used 1000 speed and 5% power, dots pattern and adjusted for thickness of tile. That was my first guess and it worked.

11 Likes

Had to do a double-take. This is photorealistic!

4 Likes

Has anyone tried this Thermark on glass and ceramic? I’d be interested in seeing how well it works on these materials and what settings prevent micro fractures in glass, but still leaves a durable mark. http://www.thermark.com/content/view/30/83/

Imagine a multi-step process of applying several colors similar to screen printing:
apply color 1 > laser > clean
apply color 2 > laser > clean
apply color 3 > laser > clean
apply color 4 > laser > clean

8 Likes

I haven’t but will buy some and try it, as soon as I get a little more free time.
Thanks for finding that, it really could make some of the gifts even better.

Thanks! Would be nice to be able to use off the shelf glass and ceramic products. The source you found is awesome for flat surfaces though…and far less messy…and probably less costly in the end.

I have some arriving tomorrow.

1 Like

Looks like they fixed their store. I just ordered a box.

3 Likes

Yay! Glad to hear they’re back up and running! Will need to place an order, I think. . .

good to know, I have been bugging the heck out of them about getting the site up.

1 Like

Just ordered a couple of boxes, a box of 4.25" and box of 6" tiles.
Now I just need some free time.

1 Like

Thanks for the link. I just ordered a box, also. This will be fun!

1 Like