My first original gift box design

So I made this box for a friend who’s retiring this year. I’m happy with how it turned out except for the face frame. I adjusted the size in illustrator and forgot to realign it to fit the front of the box. So it doesn’t completely cover the front properly. It’s made from PG medium draft board. Been having a few problems with the laser not completely cutting all the way through the materials so i’ll Have to look into that soon.

57 Likes

Adorable design! (The fit can be fixed, I usually have to run through at least a couple of prototypes.) :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks, same here. i’m also new to illustrator so i don’t quite know how to use it. My design process usually looks like this: sketch out idea, look up youtube video how to use illustrator, upload to GF, things go wrong, redesign on illustrator (after looking up video to my specific problem) re-upload to GF, Cut, Something went wrong, illustrator, GF upload, cut, accept the final product.

7 Likes

This is just so clever

5 Likes

It looks fantastic - well done.
Maybe just cut an inner bezel from the off cut and glue it to the current one - nobody will be wiser.

5 Likes

That’s a good idea. There’s enough space for glue to hold the bezel down.

1 Like

That’s epic
I feel this should be the box for him to store his “Welp I’m retired, no reason not to have a whiskey/cigar/drug of choice at 9am” stash :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

What a great idea! One of those projects that gets the brain churning…

3 Likes

I love it! My dad’s second career included selling Zenith TV’s. One of our dogs is named Zenith. I’m always surprised at how many people tell me they have never heard of the name.

4 Likes

You win the prize on being clever today. But not just the idea, the whole execution is just spot on. Very nice.

7 Likes

yeah, they’re up there with all the top names, Magnetbox, Panaphonics and Sorny.

1 Like

So very nice … clever design + personal + THE PERFECT GIFT! :glowforge::sunglasses:

4 Likes

This is an awesome design. Very cool

2 Likes

Love this! Well done!

1 Like

Ohmygosh, this is just the coolest retirement gift box ever! You have really upped the bar for this sort of thing.

4 Likes

Super cool. I might have to “borrow” your idea…

2 Likes

just post a picture, you may just inspire others to build on that design too.

What a wonderful way to commemorate the big occasion! Well done!

1 Like