My first piece of art created on the GF

This piece was one of the first I was exposed to and loved here on the forum before I bought my GF. I just put 2 and 2 together that you also designed the D&D board pieces I recently purchased for my son. I can’t thank you enough for providing the video that taught me how to make them myself, so I can learn more skills so I can expand on them later. This forum is hands down the most helpful, positive one I have ever joined.

3 Likes

Thank you for your kind words and for purchasing my design files on Etsy. I’m glad you enjoyed my video. I keep hoping to find time to make more of them.

2 Likes

I was thinking about the math/geometry this morning for how you worked on your city piece. Once upon a time, I was quite good at math. It’s funny how you forget things when you don’t use them on a regular basis. I homeschool my youngest after retiring about 10 years ago, and she is taking geometry so I am relearning things I have forgotten. Although I don’t foresee ever getting to your level, just for my own satisfaction, I’m hoping to sit down and at least mock up something very basic, again, just to get my brain cells working with geometry and Illustrator together. The GF has been the best purchase for such a wide variety of reasons for me.

2 Likes

We also homeschool our kids, and my wife asked me to show them some geometry.

Honestly, I had to re-look up a lot of things I now use. There’s so much information on the web now. We don’t have to remember everything.

2 Likes

I’m just now seeing this for the first time and my mouth is still open. I can’t believe how amazing this is. Seriously. It should be in a museum.

2 Likes

Hi, just seen your work… wow, amazing! a lot of work gone into that. How much did it sell for at the end?

1 Like

Kudos! I got to do that for a couple of years – one of the most amazing experiences I ever had. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Except for a random week like this one, it has definitely been a highlight for me. It was nothing I ever set out to do but circumstances brought #2 home the end of 5th grade, graduated her a few years ago. Due to medical issues initially, #3 has homeschooled since K5, now a sophomore/junior. I would say my all time #1 experience was teaching #3 to read. Just didn’t get much better then that.

Now this week, I am trying to figure out how soon I can get #3 out of here LOL

4 Likes

Wow, this is spectacular. :sob:

When I read it was your first piece, I clicked on the picture my mouth dropped!! Then I read you’ve worked with lasers before and I felt a bit better about myself!! lol

Amazing! Absolutely amazing! Love the size!

Absolutely a gallery piece. That is amazing!