My First Print!

Hi!
I just received my Glowforge basic and I wanted to share my first print. It is a tic-tac-toe board made from walnut plywood and glass green clear acrylic. Here it is:

Files:

Tic-Tac-Toe
Tic Tac Toe Peices

I think if I were to make this again, I would be careful with the amount of gorilla glue I used to attach the pieces to each other. Some of it squeezed out when I put it together and left a white mark.

43 Likes

That ply wood has a clear finish on it, you might be able to scrape that out, to a degree anyway.
Welcome to the community! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Off to a great start! You could probably get away with the tiniest dots of glue on this since it doesn’t have much stress on it.

4 Likes

A good start. :slightly_smiling_face: Welcome to the community!

3 Likes

Welcome! It really is amazing how little glue you need and also how little you apply and it still squeezes out the sides…

3 Likes

Those green glass acrylic game pieces are awesome!

3 Likes

Good job! What fun! And thank you for sharing your file. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is a great start! Looks wonderful!

2 Likes

Nice project! It’s very kind of you to share your file. Thank you!

1 Like

Welcome and thanks for sharing the great file.

1 Like

Great game board.
Welcome to the show that never ends.
Now, every thing you look at will be with a side of “Can I Make That?”

3 Likes

That’s so cool! How hard is it to take out the pieces? I guess you have to flip it over? As for glue, try the gorilla glue polyurethane. With that, you can clean up the squeeze out/foam with isopropyl alcohol, and not have that white residue. Just stay on it because once it’s dried you have to use a tool to get it out. Plus it accepts stains.

Long before I got a cnc and laser, I would see something in a store and say “I can make that.” Finally had to quit saying it because I never did and the wife would always reply “you always say that but you never do.”

2 Likes