My first project: coasters

So I got my Glowforge this afternoon and for my first design I made a couple of coasters for myself and my daughter Zoe. When I asked her what she wanted on her coaster she said “I don’t care.” I took her literally! :slight_smile:

I made the templates in Photoshop (my software of choice), and while it took a few tries to get the printing figured out, I’m beyond the moon. The deer on Zoe’s coaster cut out beautifully. Y’all this is a game-changer for me and my business. Not only will this machine enhance my jewelry business, but it also gives me an opportunity to start a second business for non-jewelry items.

27 Likes

Welcome. You are off to a good start. You and your daughter will have lots of fun making projects together.

1 Like

Super nice job on those!

1 Like

If you really took her literally about what to put on her coaster, she must have said “I don’t care, dear”, right?

Nice font, too… what is it?

2 Likes

Really like the clean look and design of these! Well done!

1 Like

LOL - that was a total happy accident! The deer was supposed to be just engraved on the coaster, and only figured out the solution to that this morning . :slight_smile:

The font’s called “About Love” and I got it from Dafont, though there are many iterations of this (I probably have 3 or 4 versions of this font myself).

2 Likes

NIce work! What is it with kids and this “I Don’t Care” My kid does this and “Wait, What?” Ug!

1 Like

Congrats! Looking Good :grinning:

1 Like