My First Project - I Modeled My House

WOW!! just received ours yesterday and I could only dream of doing this right now. Great job!

2 Likes

My mini block plane came in this evening, I have cut the angles in on the roof peaks so they butt up now. I have glue setting on those now. I ordered some 1/16th" wood for the trim pieces, that has not arrived yet. My wife is the one who wants to paint it, so when shes done with it, I’ll post finished photos. I’ll do some more updates as I progress. I ordered some clear 3mm LED lamps, which I will fabricate the outside light fixtures from; those have not arrived yet either. I will put some lighting inside as well. I want to add my ham radio antennas, but shes not so keen on those. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I started modeling the Addams family house, from the original TV series.
Here is the front, cut, just laid out to check scale (1:24) and fit.

14 Likes

@dklgood Oops… didn’t know that. Good to be aware of!

1 Like

Wow, thank you for sharing this!

1 Like

An incredible first project!

Looked at a house that was listed for sale a couple of years ago. They had a model of their historic house, that they were leaving for the new owners.

4 Likes

Great first project! As an architect, building models was my first idea for how to use the GF. For various reasons, 2 years later, I haven’t built one yet…

2 Likes

This is awesome!!! I want to try this.

1 Like

First I am going to say what an impressive project and that if we get around to building a house (which we have talked about), I am going to suggest that to my husband…I am a visual person and that would help me a lot to make sure everything would be set out like I would like.

In the meantime I am going to erase my history to this page just to make sure that my mother-in-law doesn’t actually see this if she came over…they are going to be building a house and I just do not have the time! LOL I don’t think we could get out of it with any excuse if she saw it. Nope you can’t make models of houses…no it’s just something in the software… :wink:

Great job!

4 Likes