My First Project — Stained Glass / Wood Relief

Got my Glowforge on Monday, and committed to have this piece ready for a gallery today! It’s amazing how fast you can do beautiful things when a robot does all the manufacturing — and with a few very late nights!

It’s a stained glass (well, acrylic) / wood relief nativity. It’ll be on display in Palo Alto, CA at the Christmas Crèche Exhibit starting this Saturday.

Turns out this thing is really difficult to photograph. Haven’t had a chance to do a real photoshoot so I can make a composite of the exposures, but here are three images from which you should be able to get the gist:

69 Likes

That is just B E A U T I F U L ! ! !

4 Likes

Simply stunning! :grinning:

2 Likes

Ohmygosh! You certainly hit the ground running. It’s fabulous!

2 Likes

fantabluous!

need to show this to my wife as an inspiration piece.

2 Likes

Well done.

2 Likes

How’d you do the colors?

Nice work!

2 Likes

They’re just small pieces of translucent acrylic, cut to size with the GF!

1 Like

Here’s a much better pic of it on display at the exhibit.

14 Likes

I love it!

So unbelievably gorgeous! The colors are beautiful together. Do you mind sharing what acrylic you’re using? (Is it translucent or opaque?)

Yeah sure! They all came from Inventables.
I used Poppy, Phantom, Wedgewood, Kiwi and Daffodil.

Cut at full power, 135 speed.

https://www.inventables.com/categories/materials/acrylic?utf8=✓&selected_filters[Opacity][]=Translucent&selected_filters[Dimensions][]=8+in+×+12+in

1 Like

Here’s what it looks like from the back, opened up:

10 Likes

delightful color selections!

1 Like

What a beautiful project! Thanks for sharing it

1 Like

Oh man, you’re killing me smalls, now I have to place another order. :slight_smile: I had been eyeballing those colors but had been able to hold off until now. Thanks for the share. Really nice build.

3 Likes

Sounds like you hit the ground running. Can’t wait to see what else you make!

1 Like