My first project!

I AM SO EXCITED! I love this machine. It still freaks me out that I am going to do something wrong…but so far, so good! Also a bit nervous about what I am allowed to cut. GF seems to want us to only use their proofgrade stuff. Might be awhile before I venture out.

48 Likes

You will no doubt do a ton of things wrong over time, and you’ll likely be the only person to notice. :smiley:

Your sign looks great!

8 Likes

Very stylish, you’re off to a great start!

4 Likes

very nice design and execution. Good colors and balance. Welcome to the club!

4 Likes

Off to a great start. You will learn from any mistakes you might make. Reading through the forum will give you lots of information about materials to try.

4 Likes

Lovely sign!! Like the open “N” as the backdrop. Very nice.

3 Likes

A beautiful look. Wondering if you cleaned or painted to get there?

1 Like

The sign is so pretty! Don’t be afraid to branch out to other materials, especially if you’re going to be finishing your work anyway. Once you pin down settings/material preferences the only real bonus to PG is the finish/masking.

6 Likes

Great sign! You’re going to have so much fun with your new laser. :slightly_smiling_face: There’s a learning curve to making files, but if you were able to do this sign right off the bat, you’ll be fine. If you’re unsure about any material, just do a quick search here or ask, we’ll be glad to help. Can’t wait to see what you make next.

I can assure you this is not true at all so please don’t let it stop you from venturing out to try new things! GF doesn’t care that you put other laser safe material in the laser, it’s just that they can’t provide support for stuff they didn’t manufacture becasue of liability. But they provide us a place to discuss other material settings on their forum so that should tell you something. Oh, and the message you may get on the laser warning you about PG material not being detected is for the same liability reason and just to make sure you double check your setting. (We can thank lawyers and sue happy people for the liability stuff lol.)

8 Likes

Welcome and thank you for showing us your great design. Please come back often and show us all the things you make.

2 Likes

Oh, I like that! Great job! You’ll definitely have slip ups, and you’ll also start drizzling in some non-PG stuff, no problem!

1 Like

Excellent first project! You’re off and running. Be sure to poke around in this forum, there are plenty of non Proofgrade projects for inspiration. If you want to try a low risk one, give tile a try.

3 Likes

Elegant sign - welcome to the club.

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like

Great design - nice color combination!

1 Like

I’m mostly worried about breaking the laser or hurting myself! Haha! Glad for the long warranty!

1 Like

cleaned or painted? I painted the material after the cut… Is that what you’re asking?

2 Likes

Yes it is hard to not have staining show through, It is always something it seems.

Great start!
Don’t be afraid of failure, it leads to understanding.
Understanding failure leads to success! Regarding safety, just use common sense.

Fire is the biggest concern. Corrugated cardboard is one material you want to watch with an eagle eye. Keeping a damp rag handy to drop on a flair up will give you some peace of mind.

Another cardinal rule is never laser anything with vinyl, like records or PVC.
You will become more at ease as your experience with your laser grows, and the community is always here to help!

6 Likes

Very pretty design. :slightly_smiling_face: