My first real project

Took me a while to get the hang of Inkscape but persistence paid off.
1/4" HD Birch Plywood with GF Teal Acrylic inset. About 3 hours of Inkscape work and 90 minutes of engraving. Clearance frame from Hobby Lobby, $5.99. Image is 13x10.
I’ve since ordered some hardwood to do this on since there are a few imperfections in the plywood that I don’t care for. Once it’s stained, I’m hoping they blend in better.

Can’t wait to see what I come up with next!

51 Likes

Gorgeous! For a first project you nailed it. Can’t wait to see what else you do :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Nice work.

3 Likes

Yes, your persistence certainly did pay off. Nice project.

3 Likes

That’s beautiful! Very, very well done!

3 Likes

Sweet! Great first project. I think it turned out fantastic and it looks great in that frame!

3 Likes

Love it!

3 Likes

Great first real project! Your persistence paid off well.

3 Likes

Very well done. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Beautiful first project. You really jumped in with both feet to do something so complex.

2 Likes

Thank you. This one is basic compared to the one I’m trying to complete now. I did this one while the other one was drying… Created a Well Wishes board for my soon-to-be grandson, I had everyone at the Baby Shower write a well wish which I then transferred to medallions that I engraved and cut out. I am now putting a countertop epoxy on it so seal the entire project!
I’ve got 2 coats of 8 done with the epoxy.

20190611_125450|666x500

5 Likes

Apparently you can only attach two files to a reply?

7 Likes

Wow, you really go all out! I really like that framed map, and the rustic frame is perfect for it.

1 Like

This is a stunning project! Looks great!

Congrats on your grandson … Fabulous board!

I have been wanting to do this forever with a lake near my hometown. I am having a lot of difficulty learning Inkscape.

I encourage you to keep trying. I didn’t know Inkscape less than a year ago either and now I can do most things I need to do. Still learning too. A good resource on youtube:

2 Likes