My first T-shirt

This is my first T-shirt and maybe the first Eco iron-on T-shirt outside of Glowforge land. I saw where @dan made one but haven’t seen any others. Anyway, get your iron hot and really press. I like this stuff.

42 Likes

I bought some of the Eco Iron on, but haven’t had a chance to try it yet. Glad to know it works with an iron . Thanks for trying it out and sharing.

12 Likes

Wow—- it looks great!

6 Likes

Excellent. I just can’t think of anything to make with mine. Glad to see the results others are getting.

11 Likes

That is a very fitting shirt.

9 Likes

LOL, I thought so.

7 Likes

Like your T-shirt, Mark…it’s perfectly appropriate and turned out really nicely. :grinning:

This is the only thing I’ve made so far, too…as a first test…a little zippered canvas pouch with the Orient Express logo out of the gold eco iron on stuff. I had to hand trace this logo and it was pretty fiddly to get ‘punched out’, but looks really great. I used my regular iron, too. I’m looking forward to trying some more things with it.

16 Likes

This looks really crisp. Great job!

5 Likes

Does it feel like typical HTV?

5 Likes

I don’t have a lot of points of reference but as far as I can tell yes.

3 Likes

Be careful, after a few HTV projects you’ll want a heat press. Then you’ll be thinking about rhinestones and sublimation…

6 Likes

I haven’t used the new Glowforge HTV but I can tell you I just tried this, and it is awesome. It is SO thin and soft, it’s my new favorite HTV.

https://www.siserna.com/easyweed-stretch/

It is also laser-safe, though I have only been cutting it with my vinyl cutter.

3 Likes

The heat press maybe. Im pretty sure I’m safe from the rhinestones and sublimation is a hard yes.just need room and money.

3 Likes

I don’t wear rhinestones, but learning how to make commercial-style garments has been surprisingly fun anyway. I make stuff for my wife and merch for our friends’ band.

3 Likes

I cannot wait to try the transfers. That was only thing I was bummed about when I got my glowforge.

Thank you all for sharing. I look forward to seeing more.

5 Likes

This is a perfect idea for silhouette transfers. What settings did you use?

2 Likes

The numbers are already set up for us in both the Aura and the pro series :glowforge: so after the QR has been read you just select the score setting for your art, and cut where you want to go all the way through the backing as well.
Don’t forget to mirror your image and just like a silhouette you will need to weed out the parts you want blank after the job is done.

4 Likes

Are they? When I tried the pastels, there were no settings yet, and was told they were going up soon.

2 Likes

Every color I’ve tried had settings but I have to admit I have not tried pastels.

2 Likes