My GF Order and Customer Service

All brick and mortar stores had a little bit in stock and everything else was a minimum of 2 weeks even if coming from their warehouse. All catalog orders, Sears and Montgomery Wards come to mind, were 6-8 weeks. That’s the reason the Sears Toy Christmas Catalog came out in September.

3 Likes

Pretty sure all the late night infomercials for the “HD Sunglasses!!! See the world in vibrant HD!” type stuff that comes out of Raritan NJ is still 6-8 weeks. But if you act now, for 2x the shipping they’ll throw in a second set for free!!

4 Likes

I waited 8 months for mine and spent it learning Inkscape as you can start doing that within the hour :grin: I already knew Gimp but between the two you can start to work on the designs right away,

You will also want to spend some time in the Glowforge processes once you get your machine as that is the basic cause of much frustration when folks skip some of that.

1 Like

I have a Mac and Inkscape doesn’t work very good on Macs. I tried and can’t stand the lag. I have been playing with Affinity Designer and like it. However, I’ve been using Silhouette Studio for several years and I’m pretty comfortable with that. I just need to upgrade to the business edition. I have been reading the manual and watching tons of YouTube videos on setting it up and using it. Also, reading through all of the community forums here has been helpful. I did receive the email today with tracking numbers. So, it’s on its way! Apparently there was some kind of outage that put the shipping department behind this week. Good news is that they issued me a gift card to the Glowforge store because of the delay. That was unexpected. Gave me more confidence in their service though. Soon I’ll be making (or trying to make) all of those ideas floating around in my head!

1 Like

I only use Mac and use Inkscape without any problems (except my limitations in skills :grinning:).

I’ve heard that before. Some Mac Inkscape users are just fine and others are crippled by lag. It’s weird, I’m not sure why that is.

I am mostly on Mac and, have more problems with Inkscape some times than others. Some of the time, it’s fine. A clean boot will often get it working right again when it has problems.

What I get is not exactly lag. It’s mostly issues dragging things. If I click and drag across another object, it will often drop the object and pick up the one I dragged across. The cursor will also offset from the object being dragged by ~20% of the screen width.

I have learned to click the object, make a tiny initial movement (not crossing any other object), then continue the drag operation.

Drop downs (particularly to change units) will close prematurely, requiring multiple attempts to switch between English and metric.

If left running while the machine sits idle for a few hours, Inkscape will often crash as soon as you resume using it.

In the new version, the default on-launch window to select a file breaks opening files by dragging them onto the Inkscape icon. That window has to be disabled to open files that way.

There are a few other quirks but, that’s the most painful stuff.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.