My GF turned on the yellow light

Hello there
I have GF Plus I was printing a job and the printer stopped printing and showed a static yellow light, in the interface it tells me that it is a temperature problem, I decided to enter the GF forum to find out how to solve it. I have tried all possible solutions and nothing, the place where I have the printer has a correct temperature. The printer tries to turn on but the yellow light quickly turns on. This is the second time I have had problems with Glowforge printers.

When the printer heats up because it’s working, it will pause and run the fans to cool itself off and then completes the job once it’s cooled down. Did you leave it on so it would cool down - or did you cancel your job and start futzing with it?

When you say “correct temp” - what temp do you mean, and where are you measuring it? In the room, inside the machine, next to the intake?

Are you venting outside, or using the filter? If outside, what’s the temp out there?

There is an intake valve under the front of the right edge - make sure nothing is blocking that (debris, paper, whatever).

2 Likes

These are the temperature ranges for the machines:

The Glowforge Basic is designed for use between 60 degrees Fahrenheit (16 Celsius) and 75°F (24°C). The Pro has an expanded operating range up to 81°F (27°C).

Yeah. If you’re venting outside, it’s possible that the hot air is getting in and heating up your machine, even if the room itself is a bit cooler.

1 Like

@cslpr787

I’m so sorry for the trouble.

I’ve made a small change on our end. Could you give it another try and let me know if you’re still running into any issues?

The yellow light is gone but I do not see liquid in the laser tube and it is not broken

That is the preferred state - after the first purging of bubbles the tube should look clear because the liquid fills the entire thing. Sometimes when it’s running I’ll see tiny tiny bubbles if I look closely, but nothing other than that.

1 Like

Hello, @cslpr787 I’m Ray and I am stepping in for my colleague David. It looks like David was able to respond to your concern on the other forum thread you opened up here: https://community.glowforge.com/t/laser-glass-tube/98011/8

We last left off by requesting a photo of your laser tube. Once you reply back with a photo of your laser tube on that forum thread we will be more than happy to help! To mitigate any confusion I will go ahead and close this thread and we can continue correspondence on the other open forum thread we have with you. Thank you!