My Glowforge Pro just arrived!

… and the SEPARATE box containing the power cord will arrive TOMORROW.

WHAT IS THAT ALL ABOUT. Seriously?!?? WHAT. THE. FLARB.

4 Likes

You are not the first nor will you be the last. I suggest you relax and read up on how to be ready. You will have plenty of time to enjoy the machine and this will just be a faint memory.

4 Likes

Does the package of Proofgrade materials also arrive in the second box?

I couldn’t speak to that as I received my machine so long ago that shipping has changed a bit since then. But I’m pretty sure that Proofgrade materials are shipped from a different location entirely, so you should expect them to arrive separately.

No, it’s in a 3rd box shipping from a separate distributor

2 Likes

Thanks!

The shipment today of the glowforge was a surprise until yesterday as it is; I never received any notification email of shipping from Glowforge at all, so when I got a FedEx notification last night at around 6pm, I was surprised to figure out it had been shipped already. I haven’t received any notifications about the third box yet…

2 Likes

if it were just the cord, any desktop PC cord would work today.

But I don’t recall what else was in the 2nd box (and it’s changed over time) so I can’t speak definitively about anything else.

1 Like

I believe it’s the cord, the exhaust hose and clamps and the crumb tray. But I can wait until tomorrow. It’s just… sort of a kick in the gut to buy something for $6K and… not be able to turn it on. LOL!

1 Like

It’s the shipping company. They all go out on the same truck but UPS/FedEx/USPS all seem to have problems keeping all of the boxes of a shipment together.

3 Likes

:white_check_mark::white_check_mark::white_check_mark: 100% can believe.

1 Like

One thing you might do is to pick up a couple of one-liter V-8 juice bottles to celebrate. By cutting off each end the remaining cylinder is just the right size to fit the flanges for 4-inch hoses.

1 Like

Computer cable for power. Trip to home depot for insulated dryer duct (trust me here, it cuts the noise immensely) and a couple of duct clamps. A pile of something to get to about 1.3" tall (2x4’s are 1.5" tall and work well with 1/8" materials). Autofocus, and you’re off to the races.

Crumb trays are handy, but there are ways to get lasering before it arrives :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Handy! Thanks!

Good information about the dryer duct hose! Thank you!

I’ve linked to the product before, your ears will thank you.

1 Like

Jump to 14:36 in this video and you can see everything in the second box (cord, vent, clamps, and pg material package) , watch the whole video and you can see the whole setup from start to finish. Hope this helps you out.

2 Likes

What a unique form of first world torture!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl: Here is a magical machine but you must wait to try it!

2 Likes

@Rita: “I think we need to ship the power cord separate to make sure the knuckleheads don’t go commando on us and fire it up without the crumb tray and vent hose.”

@jae: “Make it so.”

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.