My Glowforge Pro setup w/external fan

16 Likes

A bit twisty but if the fan is 800 cfm that should not matter.

3 Likes

Is that the fan’s controller on the front of your table? If yes, that’s much nicer than the on-cord one that came with the big fan I tried!

1 Like

Seeing it is a pro you might want to have more space behind it or have it on wheels,

1 Like

Yes, I attached the fan controller to the metal frame. This setup works wonderful for me and keeps the smoke outside. I connected a dryer vent cover for the outside so it only opens up when the fan is on and blowing. This system is considerably quiet compared to just the Glowforge fan itself. I hope this can help someone else out with their fan setup.

4 Likes

I completely agree. I will be adding a wheel base shortly. I just received my unit about a week ago. This was ordered early December. I was just antsy to use it. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

We all know this feeling!

4 Likes

This fan has a cord as well. I just used zip ties and attached it to the metal frame under the wooden platform.

2 Likes

I ordered mine in August and received it in early February. :neutral_face: The front of the machine sits 49" from the back wall as many pieces I cut are 19x48"

1 Like

That is an incredibly long wait! :exploding_head: How are you liking it so far?

1 Like

My boyfriend ordered this as my Christmas gift. He thought of this entire setup after months of research. He had the shelf, fan, exhaust, and table top all planned out with extra materials. I’m so grateful for the opportunities this opened up for me and my family as an at home business.

2 Likes

It was Aug 2017 and Feb 2018 when I got it. At that point those who bought in 2015 had just before received theirs so my wait was not so bad.

2 Likes

Fer sure!

1 Like