My Glowforge up and running!

Oh the horror. :wink:

4 Likes

To be fair their roof is directly below about 12-15 apartments all with windows facing that direction with no active ventilation so we all tend to keep our windows open. I would imagine that the smaller building got built first. Seems to have been resolved, though.

Presumably the problem was using a fireplace when it was still warm enough to leave windows open. They’d hate me and my grilling over split wood.

Thank you for sharing your progress and findings concerning expedient ventilation methods.

Would you consider sharing a couple photos of the packaging it came in, in the interest of seeing what stage of cardboardium encasement we ( the remaining eager anticipators) should expect?

1 Like

It’s rarely cold enough to need a fireplace round here. I figured it was a new tenant excited to have a fireplace.

2 Likes

It’s funny to us now when we laser some new material and go “Oh! Well that’s a new smell.” The other day there was something burning outside… maybe somebody was burning leaves or whatever… and my daughter said “Smells like Glowforge out here.”

12 Likes

I love the smell of Glowforge in the morning. Smells like…Victory.

13 Likes

Here are some cartoning photos.

31 Likes

So happy for you! I still waiting…

2 Likes

What car is that? Now I’m wondering between having it delivered to the office or at home.

1 Like

Jeep Commander

Not the smallest vehicle that jeep has made…

Thanks for sharing, I should be ok but those boxes look huge in there.

Box dimensions are:
13-3/4" x 27-3/4" x 45-3/4" Glowforge unit
7" x 22-1/2" x 33-1/2" Crumb tray

2 Likes

That’s cool mine will look about the same once i get it, because it will also be sitting next to my Rostock Max.

3 Likes

Very niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

1 Like

I’m loving the new black tray!!! Must get one when they are available for sale.

1 Like

you may have mentioned - but what date did you order your Glowforge?

3 Likes

That’s so weird. I usually only listed to that around Halloween. But we listened to it just 2 days ago randomly. We found it to be a nice chaser to

2 Likes