My Glowforge will make monumental sculpture

*** BIG NEWS ***

Ive cut over 80+ hours on my Pro for my submission already and today I accepted a venue request to showcase it. Grand Rapids Art Prize. Its 19 days (September 19-October 7, 2018) in the early fall where 400,000 attendees flood downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan. This event is the most annually attended art festival in the States. Art from around the world pops up in every inch of downtown in over 160 venues—museums, galleries, bars, restaurants, theaters, hotels, public parks, lobbies, buildings, walls, bridges, laundromats, and auto body shops—and it’s all free and open to the public.

This year marks its tenth anniversary of the festival and will truly be a notable year to attend. I strongly encourage you to mark your calendars and attend. Im beyond excited to show, compete and see what opportunities come from this.

P.s. - you could even vote for me so i can grow my robot army stronger so i can make my work that much better

Cheers!
-Gianni

Official Website [http://www.artprize.org] (http://www.artprize.org)

26 Likes

Awesome! Congratulations! :grinning:

The forum is doing something weird with your links.

1 Like

I believe artprize.org is the site.

Fixed it :smiley:

Congrats on your entry. Now where do I go to see it? I might end up in Michigan around that time of year. Maybe I’ll stop in Grand Rapids on the way to some wineries. :clinking_glasses:

3 Likes

Wow—best of luck to you! Wish I could go to the festival.

1 Like

It will be at the DeVos Convention Center right in the heart of Grand Rapids!!

Hey @DarthChesnick,

Have you installed your work yet? Your original post made me check out ArtPrize, and I decided to submit a piece. It was accepted, and I drove down last weekend to put it up at the B.O.B. I did not get a chance to visit the DeVos Convention Center though.

Good luck with ArtPrize!

2 Likes

Have you posted a picture of the sculpture here?

1 Like

firing the photo(s) now :smiley:

14 Likes

Wow. :open_mouth:

1 Like

That’s quite a thing. Well done.

1 Like

That looks awesome!

2 Likes

Have you had a chance to walk around ArtPrize? I’m kind of bummed that I’m 10 hours away. I would love to go see it during the actual show, and not the week before.

1 Like

Ive walked around a little, just the major venues because Im trying to spend as much time next to my piece to watch people interact with it

2 Likes

I’m really stoked! I just found out I made the top 25 for 2D works.

6 Likes

Wow oh wow…both you guys!..polarbrainfeeze and DarthChesnick…amazing pieces of art.

2 Likes