Hey everyone! First time poster, short time lurker. I got my GfP end of May beginning of June, and since then I’ve been making a ton of gaming accessories for Magic the gathering including all sizes of deck boxes all the way upto what I’m about to show you all here.
First of all, I’d like to thank glow forge for allowing us to start using cardboard! This was CRITICAL to testing of my build and making a mock up so I knew what to adjust.
This is what I call “The Archivest”, I had a friend from TikTok order 2 of these to store a massive amount of her magic cards but she wanted something less traditional and more suited to her style.
Above is the drawers after staining and knob assembly. The knobs were turned on my lathe using Teik hardwood and slightly darkened by using an orange wax feed (they also small nice now as well!)
After speaking with my friend we decided to make our own take on a set of pullout drawers like she already had for small projects. I got to work designing what you see above and after testing the cuts and then corrections made after testing with the first cardboard cutout I had my main box. Designing the drawers was easy, I decided that if she was going to use this setup it would be better if the cards played sideways rather then up and down, so as not to catch when closing one of the drawers, she agreed. The drawers I came up with can hold roughly 250+ unsleeved cards, or 175 sleeved (depending on sleeve type).
After everything was assembled, I stained the drawers using Minwax gunstock Stain per customer request. I am working on getting the second one assembled this weekend and will be shipping to her shortly after. I learned a decent amount about working with large projects and certain things to avoid, such as, depending on the type of wood used, it can warp if it’s too hot, too cold or anything in the middle, regardless of moisture levels. Hope everyone enjoys my project!
Edit: ended up restaining the first one because I didn’t like how light it came out. They both look amazing now!