My Laser-cut Wedding

I finally got my photos back from my August wedding and want to share some of my Laser-cut projects.

Our Ketubah is my favorite project. My Dad painted the background and type-set the copy and I designed the laser-cut layout. It’s so special to me.

Cake Topper:

Ketubah:

National Park Table Signs:

Entry Sign:

Trailer Card Box:

I was hoping to laser cut this sign, but it was going to be very expensive to rent time for the engraving, but wanted to share anyway! I ended up cutting out a stencil on my silhouette and painting it.

And just for fun, our photo booth!:

87 Likes

Beautiful work! And good on you for problem solving the map sans laser time.

You gonna do weddings professionally once you’ve got your machine?

3 Likes

These are just super! Thanks for sharing.

I might add that all of these would be easy to do on the Glowforge right now. Do not confuse production issue delay with basic and advanced functionality.

8 Likes

Beautiful! (Particularly like how the Ketubah turned out.) :smiley:

5 Likes

Absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing, and congrats! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wow!! Amazing!!!

1 Like

Everything looks so nice. I can see LOTS of planning went onto all of your work. Thank you for sharing. :grinning:

That’s all very lovely. Congratulations on starting the new journey!

1 Like

Very nice. How did you do the white lettering on the wood objects? I am guessing that you peeled away the protective mask in those areas, applied paint, and peeled off the rest after it dried?

1 Like

That is astonishing!

5 Likes

Wow! Just, wow!

That’s awesome! I was hoping to have our forge with enough time to do invitations with it, but that’s not happening anymore.

Would you be willing to share the Ketubah file? That’s beautiful!

I likes all of that! Now we’re back to why I like this forum so much! And, congratulations :smile: , of course!

3 Likes

Really beautiful. The ketubah is great (laser cutters were not accessible to mere mortals back when we got married - so had an artist custom paint it with some of the flowers actually being little things about us, but you have to look close). Those trees are really a stunning highlight.

Love the carlsbad caverns sign too.

8 Likes

Holy Moley! I don’t have enough adjectives for this! This is so amazing! Wow.
:heart_eyes: thanks for sharing with us!

2 Likes

That’s awesome! When my wife and I got married a few years ago we had some laser cut table numbers, a wedding album and a little ring bear robot.

Happy memories!

And congrats on the wedding!

-=- Terence

37 Likes

Love the caravan (trailer)!

1 Like

Wow so amazingly awesome!!

Love all of it :yum:

1 Like

For the large map, I used my Silhouette Cameo machine to cut out a stencil. I design it in illustrator full size, then split up into 12"x12" pages, cut, and connect them on the wood using a straight edge. It’s a little tricky to avoid paint from going underneath vinyl. I have to play with various types of vinyl for different surfaces so it sticks properly. Also important to use really opaque acrylic paint. I actually find pulling the vinyl off before the paint dries creates better results with less undercutting. It can be messy, but you just have to peel straight up.

9 Likes

These are absolutely delightful. I’m a calligrapher, and one of the things I’, looking forward to most is designing and selling lasercut ketuboh.

5 Likes