My little fairy

My daughter/wife let me know last night that she needs to dress up like a fairy tomorrow since that is her favorite book character. I started with cardboard and then moved to wood and acrylic. She didn’t know that I was making this and was very excited when she got home.

73 Likes

Those are beautiful!

You gonna let her go crazy with markers to colour them in? :smiley:

3 Likes

Wow! EXTRA parent points! :sunglasses: :+1:

5 Likes

Cutest fairy I’ve ever seen.

5 Likes

How cool! First time I’ve seen that idea.

4 Likes

Totally worth the price of the Glowforge. She’s a cutie!

2 Likes

Adorable - way to go!

2 Likes

Some flavor of florescent rainbow scheme would be my suggestion.
(practice on some scrap or prepare to make more wings. Been there. Done that).

2 Likes

This is super cool- and easily adjusted for dragons or other flying creatures one might have to conjure up! Could you specify how you did the joints?

1 Like

Sure… it consists of 3 plates

if you look at the plate on the left I made 2 of them, one out of acrylic and one out of draftboard (just for strength) then the one on the right was made out of acrylic(it is the one close to the body and my daughter has very sensitive skin so I didn’t want draftboard to touch her or her clothes. I fit the wings through the horizontal slots on the doubled up plate and used hair bands(I couldn’t find any rubber bands in the house) to hold them together. This was done by creating slots in the wing tabs like you see in this picture

… eveything was secured with a zip tie. I hope this answers your question. if not let me know

7 Likes

We will see if they survive the day at school then she can do what she wants with them… She wants to be “Fawn” some fairy from the tinkerbell series and she wants to look exactly like her haha…

3 Likes

Super nice job on that!

2 Likes

That is a neat solution. I had expected some kind of hooks to protrude into the back-plates.

Your solution looks much more sturdy and still allows flapping :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for your reply !

Tobias

2 Likes

Holy crap this is awesome!

3 Likes

So cool! Now they just need some glitter paint. . .

3 Likes

Lovely!

Outstanding, she will remember this for many years.

What a wonderful idea! Beautiful wings!

Parent win!! Well done!