My Marvel Calendar

Any chance you would share a heightmap version of this? I would love to try this with the 3d engrave feature.

4 Likes

Kyle, truly amazing work. I saved an AI version to my drive to experiment with–when my own Glowforge finally arrives. Thank you very much for sharing–and inspiring!

1 Like

I only created the DXF file in Vetric Apsire so as of now there is not one that exists, unless someone has an easy way to convert it.

Currently printing the other side as a coaster for my Thor Mug! Thanks so much for the Design

Uploading…

11 Likes

Thank you so much for the design! Printed for my stepson for his birthday!

14 Likes

Very cool, hope he likes it!

2 Likes

A noob question are there suggested settings for this file? Scoring or engraving?

2 Likes

I designed it to be CNC machined with a v-bit so for lasering it is kinda all up to you. So far it.s been a fight just to get the thing to load in the GF app.I have it now finally loaded as a PNG file but have yet to take the 3 hours to print it.

1 Like

This is an amazing design. When I saw it I thought it would be cool for a lit-up acrylic piece. I shrunk it a little to fit the acrylic that I had; about 55 minutes time to score it. Still deciding whether to cut it down to a circle size or not. Here’s scoring in progress, and the piece lit (still has protective tape until I decide whether to cut down to circle).

19 Likes

Very cool! :sunglasses:

1 Like

thank you for releasing this awesome design!

1 Like

When I tried to engrave this last night, the GFUI showed it as a Solid Circle. I couldn’t figure out why it would appear that way.

I Scored this on a piece of slate I had sitting around and my settings were off, I got a bunch of gunk that looks like the stone turned to some sort of glass? I either need to dial in scoring settings for slate, or figure out how to engrave the image.

It seems this is layered. I haven’t tried to break it down that way, but when I tried to color sections of it to do larger total scoring without errors. I got some dark, solid circles. When I set it up to engrave a large area from single color, it did engrave ok.

Do you mind sharing the gcode as well? I think my library has a carvy that I can use.

1 Like

It shows up solid for me on some of the attempts I have made. What has worked best for me is to use a PNG file.

I don’t mind sharing the code, however I have it preset for a 24" diameter piece of material. If that works for you I can get it for you.

I’m interested in engraving this. Any suggestions on how to get the GF to work with the file? I get a solid circle when I switch it to engrave.

Unfortunately, the score when shrunk makes things mostly solid black on the PG medium maple plywood.

I did get an engrave on this. I don’t remember the steps I took. If I recall, I had to engrave the whole at a go.

You might be better off using Inventables Easel for creating the gcode. Easel is free to use and Easel Pro (V-bit feature) is free, but limited to 4 days a month. You could generate the gcode (at home) to use for the Carvey based on the size, speed, depth of cut and your material. This is what I would recommend doing. Just upload the gcode to the library machine via Easel. There is a Marvel thread at the Inventables forum for additional assistance too! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s my version.

I have been asked to sell it a few times already. I say “Sorry, not for sale, it’s not my design… But if you buy a glowforge you can make one for yourself!”

34 Likes