My name is Jim and I'm a

oh, for sure, i just couldn’t tell if there were, say, a vent cover there, or something.

i like the idea of making a giant heatsink for it, just sit it on a big chunk of aluminum, maybe with a hole to put some ice in it.

i think the easiest (though obviously not necessarily the cheapest) for most people with issues will just be to get a cheap used air conditioner and turn it on when you want to commit laserage.

even with no outdoor connection, a “portable” unit would be sufficient to cool the area around a laser quite well, and if necessary you could rig up a little blanket wall to mitigate air flow. of course this dumps the heat back into the same room, so having a window is handy.

1 Like

Seems like the internal cooling is worthless if it doesn’t work at normal room temperature. You would be better of with the K40 style bucket of water as you could just drop ice cubes in instead of having to chill your room with an AC unit.

1 Like

Yep. For ones that are in a home or office. But when you do a road show we may need something more portable than an a/c unit.

1 Like

That sounds super annoying to have to remove all else so the laser won’t cut it, rather than just telling it to ignore. Yeah, I’d say “starting” to get irritated was putting it very mildly.

Those numbers look great! Thanks again for doing that!

I won’t have used another laser so I won’t appreciate how much better the GF is…and I’m ok with that. ha ha

2 Likes

NP. The font really needs to be thickened to look good for signs in real life. I cut a few that were the original scale so you could see the difference. There’s a set that matches the 3D render I sent you with the thicker version (2 heights) and then 3 that are a thicker option. I’ll mail them out tonight - you should get them this weekend.

2 Likes

Awesome! I guess tonight or tomorrow, I need to make the back part of the sign so I can get the full look. I already have some wood waiting to use.

2 Likes

I have ran the unit in my room temperature for about 7 hours, cuts and engraves, only giving it time to rest between cuts by the amount of time it takes to clear the pieces out and put a new plank in. Also, though the room is cooled by a/c, I don’t just turn the AC on when it runs. Heck, it sits below a window it vents to, to an outside temp in the high 80s, low 90s. The cooling is probably more robust than you are giving credit for.

2 Likes

My PRU is temp alerting at 79F/38% r.h.

1 Like

Ya. The inside of my house tries to stay 70~74degrees. The exhaust out connects to outside air. I have ran it long hours, no errors.

1 Like